Job ID 20000JI0
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information This position can be located anywhere in the United States and will be fully remote.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Contributes to the achievement of Physician Strategies and Market Development goals and objectives for the Division by directing the day to day activities of direct reports providing expertise as needed. Provides input to and assists with divisional Market Development strategic planning and other related initiatives including managing and facilitating the Joint Venture and acquisition process for the assigned regions. Collaborates with management to develop new business opportunities within an assigned territory to meet Division goals for treatment growth. Focuses on same store growth, de novo projects and the development of relationships with local market nephrologists to ensure FMS experiences treatment growth at or above market standards. Provides leadership in formulating, representing, and implementing, at the territory level, the Corporation's goals and objectives regarding the organic growth initiative. Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction to assigned Directors Market Development regarding Physician Strategies and Market Development strategies, implementation of company initiatives related to Market Development such as the Acute contracting strategy and Upstream Initiatives, and goals and objectives including promoting growth and physician relationship development.
- Ensures continuous department/team effectiveness by providing guidance, training and subject matter expertise. Provides informal feedback to staff on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the form of the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through hiring, firing and disciplinary actions. Ensures consistent effectiveness of the team through the selection and motivation of competent staff, and facilitates the development of the requisite skills and knowledge by providing coaching, training and leadership development.
- Participates in the Division quarterly Market Development meetings providing leadership.
Contributes to the realization of the FMCNA business growth plan by assuming a proactive role in the acquisition and joint venture process, collaborating with the JV team to manage the Joint Venture process and define and triage acquisition targets for the assigned regions.
- Identifies and follows up on leads for potential acquisitions, and the development of new business opportunities
- Acts as a resource for target identification, initiation of contacts, follow-up on leads, presentations, data collection to guide financial modeling and proposal generation, plan and implement negotiation strategies, follow through to closing.
- Assists the VP Mergers and Acquisitions with JV and acquisition negotiations within the pertinent regions
- Leads the analytical process for the assigned regions collaborating with the Market Analysis team and the Directors Market Development to review strategy, considering updated practice and marketing information.
- Prepares feasibility reports, competitive demographic analyses, Profit & Loss forecasts, etc. and make recommendations for a business case for growth and development opportunities. Assist in the demographic analysis of growth opportunities and new projects within the Market Development territory.
- Assists in communicating Physician Strategies' activities to senior level operations team members including Divisional President, Group Vice President and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Develops and maintains relationships with FMS affiliated and non-FMS affiliated nephrologists to recognize growth opportunities for the Division.
- Participates in local and national renal meetings, (e.g. ASN, NRAA and subchapters) and nursing home association meetings to develop new relationships and leads for possible contracts.
- Provides consultation and assistance to the Market Development VP as follows:
- Creates and implements local treatment growth market plans and initiatives
- Develops sound business relationships with physician groups to facilitate organic growth objectives.
- Develops relationships and communications with Group Vice Presidents, Regional Vice Presidents, Directors Operation/Area Managers, and Physician Strategies and Managed Care Departments to implement growth initiatives within the territory.
- Represents FMS in relations with nursing homes, hospitals and physician groups focusing on improved communications and addressing mutual business concerns as requested by managers and peers
- Assists in developing new business opportunities that contribute to the overall FMCNA strategic plan.
- Identifies and generates local opportunities for treatment growth.
- Establishes local mission oriented, decision-making processes.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements when necessary.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, divisional and corporate meetings may be required.
Directors, Market Development
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 – 12 years of experience in sales and sales management or senior management within healthcare, preferably the dialysis segment.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and negotiate contracts, create local marketing plans and manage geographically diverse business interests.
- Business development knowledge from evaluation through integration and implementation.
- Ability to work with and include all levels of the organization in the decision making process.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and strategically to assess market conditions.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website