Job ID 20000K65
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directing the information and data integrity of the enterprise and its groups and for all Information Technology functions. Responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy and vision of the company.
REVENUE CYCLE FOCUS:
- 15 years Healthcare Revenue Cycle Systems Experience with end to end revenue cycle transformation experience including insurance verification, charge management, billing, AR management
- Managing projects and programs which significantly improve revenue cycle performance, for example, increasing net revenue, improving collections from payers and patients, reducing write offs and accelerating cash collections
- Industry Knowledge of revenue cycle technology and vendor products
- Knowledge of health exchange protocols including HL/7, EDI claims and remittances, eligibility and authorization transactions
- Understanding of HIPAA and how it relates to patient privacy and revenue cycle processes and CMS rules and regulations
- Experience in the identification and implementation of software applications that automate tasks (ex. bots)
- Financial management skills, including the ability to financially analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing, forecasting; basic accounting knowledge; AR and reserve analysis, market analysis; staffing and financial reporting skills
- In conjunction with other department leaders, implements strategic and operational initiatives to improve processes and analytics.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with key business executives to develop and provide leadership to a team of IT professionals in the design, development and implementation and ongoing support of systems.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware platforms and software packages which will support flexible, state-of-the-art clinical revenue management systems on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate project status against plan to senior management on a regular basis.
- Continually access and prioritize modifications and updates to existing systems and furnish users with the best and most cost effective solutions, whether procedural or those requiring automation.
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and the recommendation and implementation of current practices.
- Assure an ongoing program to develop and maintain up to date documentation for all clinical revenue management systems.
- Act as a subject matter expert; provide senior level support and expertise regarding applications.
- Provide direct formal supervision to department establishing mutual goals and expectations at the beginning of the appraisal year, providing continual informal performance feedback during the year. Responsible for the formal annual performance appraisal process.
- Responsible for the development of strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, technology and economic or social implications of organizational activities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce.
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business units.
- Provide strategic leadership of overall objectives through the application of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to effect positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business units.
- Provides more of a support function. Directs and controls the activities of a complete functional area through multiple levels of management. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and approving changes to methods and practices.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Enterprise Systems staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 15+ years' experience.
- 5+ years' experience internal senior management level role (e.g., Vice President); or 5+ years' external experience in a senior management level role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the management and development of staff and of major, broad based projects essential.
- Experience with both centralized and distributed systems and state of the art software systems.
- Must possess strong management, business, applications development and technical skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with multiple disciplines and at all levels of the organization.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website