Job ID 20000I91
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and measuring operations within a warehouse facility. Measures standard operating processes within facility. Ensures that productivity and operational goals are met through supervising receiving, warehousing, returns, shipping, and inventory control of products in order to deliver customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and directs the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks, maintaining schedules and ensuring compliance with FMCNA and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as well as adhering to regulatory specifications.
- Establishes warehouse operational infrastructure. Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Provides direct supervision of the assigned teams through ongoing leadership and guidance.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; routine equipment inspections; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Inspects the physical conditions of the warehouse to ensure compliance with FMCNA safety regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards.
- Ensures the maintenance of a clean, neat, and orderly workspace.
- Administers the formal annual performance review and provides informal feedback to warehouse personnel throughout the year.
- Ensures the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
- Ensures the rotation of product as appropriate.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all necessary records and reports.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a moderate level of control and review. Role primarily focuses on tactical execution of routine situations.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- May be required to assist with warehouse functions which include but are not limited to shipping, packing, loading, unloading, and sorting.
- Acts as liaison between employees and top management.
- Interacts with Corporate Operations, Traffic, Customer Service, Human Resources, customers, and employees, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Warehouse staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; in lieu of degree additional years of experience and/or education may be considered.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience at a senior or lead level; or 1 – 3 years of experience as a Supervisor.
- Management and supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- Familiarity with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with materials handling equipment is essential.
- Must be able to read and write English, count accurately and do simple math.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- The ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to provide clear and concise directions to subordinates and other warehouse personnel.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website