Job ID 20000IB0
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for deploying and maintaining applications and environments that utilize automation, orchestration and monitoring toolsets. Oversee aspects of infrastructure integration, including configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms.
Virtualization Engineer Focus:
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting VMware vSphere / vCenter Server 6.x in a production environment (experience with VMware vSphere 6.5 and 6.7 a plus)
- Knowledge of resolving VMware Networking and Storage related issues.
- Knowledge of patching / updating VMware vSphere Host servers with VMware Update Manager
- Experience troubleshooting issues with VMware hosts and vCenter servers.
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues using monitoring tools (VMware Operations Manager, Log Insight, or similar product)
- Experience with Hyper-Converged products such as HPE Simplivity servers is a plus.
- Experience working with Server Hardware (HPE and Dell rack mount and blade servers)
- Experience working with VMware NSX or Network Insight a plus.
- Automation experience using PowerShell or other similar product.
- Experience supporting Citrix XenDesktop is a plus.
- VMware or Citrix Certifications are a plus
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the installation, design and tuning of operating system/hypervisor, hardware, and all related peripherals.
- Automate, facilitate and manage virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds.
- Operate in a small, dedicated, focused team.
- Operate in a very entrepreneurial manner with extreme customer focus.
- Automate provisioning, deployment and configuration of virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor and administer servers in cloud and on premise.
- Improve infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability.
- Co-develop solutions with the business groups/development teams.
- Act as a liaison between our customers and support teams.
- Ensure that customer deployed environments are secure and consistent.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lifts/carries object and materials weighing +30 pounds
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Proven experience designing, deploying or operating virtualized applications/infrastructure in a public/private cloud environment.
- Experience in applicable operating system/hypervisor, applications, and networking protocols.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve under pressure.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website