Job ID 21000ECK
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Manager, Network Engineering is ultimately responsible for all data and voice communication technologies and services including routers, switches, VPNs, firewalls, IPS, IDS, T1s, DS3s, Voice Over IP (VoIP), Phone Systems, Fax Gateways and all other IT Services associated. Has budget responsibility for the salary, equipment and expenses related to voice and data Network communications. The position provides direction in all technology-related issues in support of information technology operations and assures alignment with the values, vision and strategic direction of the company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic leadership of short and long term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values.
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters
- Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Ultimate responsibility for all data and voice communication provisioned and supported by the IT department.
- Manages the team, vendors, budget and respective spending in all areas of voice and data communications.
- Responsible for compliance and security of data and voice network.
- Manages the team(s) responsible for the design and engineering of network solutions and upgrades, administration and maintenance of FMCNA LAN and WAN data and voice communication systems ensuring effective and efficient operations.
- Provides direction and subject matter expertise in the analysis and resolution of complex networking problems.
- Provides root cause evaluation and analysis with an in-depth knowledge of factors involved and determines the appropriate course of action.
- Ensures implementation of the resolutions and corrections in a timely manner.
- Asset Management
- Establishes and builds relationship with vendors
- Oversees all IT related purchasing and budget usage, works with Accounting
- Holds responsibility for capacity planning and scheduling of vendor negotiations related to IT
- A seasoned, experienced manager with a full understanding of LAN and WAN Engineering and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Accountable to see that documentation on network design projects is created and maintained. Manages the team and insures the following is completed and approved:
- Collection of network and project requirements to create and develop network designs.
- Feasibility of network assessments.
- Diagrams and detailed design documents of device descriptions and narratives describing the functions of the design.
- Represents data and voice communications team in collaborative discussions with other IT departments and external vendors in the evaluation, selection and implementation of enterprise software and/or hardware on the FMCNA enterprise network.
- Collaborates with networking team, internal IT partners and corporate help desk on networking issues from inception through resolution assisting with the identification of issues, and researching and determining the appropriate actions for resolution.
- Leads or delegates data and voice communications projects to ensure projects are in scope and communicates project status updates to appropriate managers.
- Actively participates in emerging technology investigation and evaluation that support FMCNA's business goals. Identifies, documents and assists in the implementation of these technologies within the networking infrastructure and data centers.
- Responsible for insuring that for the area under control, the proper documentation, policies and procedures are created learned and maintained. Including but limited to Data Communications documentation, policies and procedures pertaining to hardware and software inventory management of data networking platforms, including routers and switches.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding industry practices regarding networking:
- Identifies and recommends areas for process improvement related to data center and assesses layer design best practices and approaches.
- Promotes best practices in day-to-day, break-fix networking issues to all team members.
- Mentors data and voice communications engineers and participates in knowledge transfer sessions and process improvement discussions to disseminate current information regarding IT strategies and business needs to engineers.
- Facilitates effective communication among members of the team and continually seeks opportunities to increase internal satisfaction of other IT infrastructure teams.
- Ensures incident response, communications and resolution activities are proceeding as required. Notifies the business and IT Management as needed.
- Frequently interacts with functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to accommodate scheduling changes due to deadlines and priorities. Occasional weekend and late night projects as needed.
- Has ownership responsibility for issues that may occur and would serve as an escalation point for the Networking team. Response may be requested by phone, remote access, or on-site presence depending on business needs.
- Some travel as required.
- Management responsibility for the Network Engineering, Enterprise System, Telephony, Data Center Teams.
- Responsible for all aspects of the team including but not limited to development plans and performance management.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 5+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good documentation and Visio skills.
- Experience managing 24/7 operations and shifts, and providing support during non-business hours
- Experience working with vendors in providing level 3 support
- Experience managing automated jobs and scheduling
- Experience with information architecture and management
- Experience managing deployments and changes being introduced into the Production environment
- Experience conducting business continuity exercises
- Broad background in Networking Technologies including but not limited to Packet Capture/Analysis tools, datacenter level networking equipment and routing protocols, including OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and issues.
- CCNA, CCNP required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website