Job ID 20000JZO
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provide project management leadership and direction for assigned projects when requested, to achieve goals and objectives that contribute to the overall business strategy, ensuring project completion within approved time frame, funding, and scope parameters. Monitors project activities, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, risk assessment, and budget variance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide project management leadership and direction of large critical projects.
- Develop and maintain complex project plans for all assigned projects, assigning work to supporting teams/individuals as deemed necessary. Responsible for project schedule as reflected in the project plan, escalating to appropriate management when there are delays in items, activities, and deliverables.
- Manage issue tracking and resolution for projects.
- Establish, maintain and communicate best practices around project management technique collaborating with to develop, maintain and communicate new processes, procedures and standards necessary for managing projects.
- Establish communication plans for projects and ensure adherence to those plans maintaining appropriate communication to all project constituents and stakeholders.
- Manage risk assessment and mitigation process for IT projects.
- Tracks project plan and proactively resolves issues and mitigates risk associated with the project at a strategic and tactical level.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Able to work creatively, analytically and independently in a problem solving environment.
- Proven knowledge of Project Management methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- Proven experience in operational IT environment.
- PMO knowledge and experience.
- Experience with application development and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to work within established timelines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive and maintain change in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and team management skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with staff at all levels.
- Effective problem-solving skills; ability to resolve conflicting situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Strong business and financial management skills.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website