Job ID 21000BSW
Available Openings 1
Senior Software Integration Engineer, NxStage Medical, Inc., a Fresenius Medical Care N.A. company, Lawrence, MA
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for designing, developing, and modifying software integration and verification plans, protocols and reports for multiple projects by analyzing software requirements, software architecture and design documents and following the appropriate software development process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary technical contact in the company to provide decisions and recommendations for software integration and verification aspects of projects.
- Lead software protocol reviews and other related design reviews.
- Work with product development teams to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, performance requirements, and software testability.
- Lead the design, build, validation, and deployment of effective test automation solutions.
- Develop and perform unit testing of embedded software running on microcontrollers.
- Perform in embedded software and automation code reviews.
- Create, identify, validate, and use test tools that facilitate data gathering and test method execution.
- Execute test protocols and write reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Understand defect management and works closely with Software Engineers on defect resolution.
Education Experience and Required Skills:
This position requires a Master's degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a closely related field and 4 years of experience with design verification of embedded software for medical devices. Alternatively, will accept a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a closely related field and 6 years of experience with design verification of embedded software for medical devices.
Experience, which may have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above, must include 4 years of experience with the following:
- Test lead experience in unit and Integration testing, OTSS validation, automation testing, manual testing and defect cycle.
- Embedded C Code analysis and development and execution of SW integration test plans and protocols.
- Design specification, coding and testing of application modules.
- Generation of validation test plan procedure, identification of test scenarios, and test suite generation.
- Documenting test plans with strategy, schedule, training, and test summary reports.
- Product life cycle knowledge in embedded software for medical devices
- Software programming experience with Embedded C Code
- Electromechanical device specifications, including test verification and debugging of embedded code, as well as implementation of image processing algorithms.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website