Job ID 210003LL
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Data Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership towards the development and maintenance of the data warehouse and associated databases in Spectra's client technologies group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advanced technical support and guidance towards architecture, design and management of database objects.
- Collaborates on projects and maintenance tasks that required a high level of database knowledge. Provides advanced technical assistance to team members, users and customers as appropriate.
- Performs database administrative tasks include configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, trouble shooting and physical database design.
- Performs data analyst responsibilities including consulting with the business to determine logical and physical database designs for new business solutions.
- Performs data architecture and design activities for data storage and processing.
- Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery.
- Supports project teams in the development of OLTP and business intelligence applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA Degree required in Computer Science or related field; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or a PhD without experience.
- 6 years of IT experience with concentration on data architecture. Lead or supervisor experiences a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle Databases and related technologies, Oracle certification highly preferred.
- Experience with data warehouse and dimensional modeling required
- Expert level knowledge of PL/SQL required
- Expert level knowledge of analytical functions required
- Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
- Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience developing commercial-grade customer-facing applications (experience with healthcare commercial software systems a plus)
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website