Job ID 20000M2O
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provide technical and administrative support in the installation and operation of automated production and/or assembly lines. Interact with engineering, quality, maintenance and other functions of the business to keep equipment operational and accomplish production objectives. Partner in efforts to trouble shoot a section of the machine and or automated production line. Work as a collaborative team member to operate the equipment and establish test methods. Create, execute, and maintain SOPs for the line. Execute tasks as an individual contributor and a subject matter expert, frequently interacting with external partners and vendors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, applies considerable complex knowledge to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated production equipment.
Have strong working knowledge of PLC and HMI systems.
Experienced in troubleshooting advanced automated processes, assembly and packaging electro-mechanical systems.
Leads assigned production line preventive maintenance tasks on automated production equipment to include packaging electro-mechanical systems, vision/barcode systems and inline print systems.
Verifies proper machine operation after preventive maintenance procedures are completed.
Verifies all peripheral equipment is in place, functional and safe to operate.
Shares operational and troubleshooting knowledge of automated production equipment with other team members based on experience and knowledge.
Repair or replace defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices. Lubricate and cleans parts.
Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts. Ability to weld when necessary.
Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as rotors, conveyors, and programmable controllers meeting current NEC code.
Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
Ability to program frequency drives, controllers, etc. when required.
May interface directly with Solutions Maintenance team members to identify and implement repair actions on non-working equipment.
Collaborates with Solutions Maintenance team members and Materials team members for allocation, procurement, inventory counts and use of assigned production line spare parts
Debugs manual and automatic sequence to determine root cause of problems in production equipment.
Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
Adheres to the Quality Systems and participates in continuous improvement.
Assist with validation of equipment and methods.
Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining 5S and housekeeping standards.
Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining facility safety and EHS programs for assigned area
Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Be available to work any shift as production downtime and work assignments dictate.
May act as an informal team leader and provides assistance to other technicians with support tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required.
- Industrial automation technician program and/or mechatronics certification from trade school, military or two-year Associates degree in a mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance, robotics, or mechatronics highly desirable.
- Siemans Mechatronics System Certification highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4-6 years' experience in troubleshooting electromechanical, and/or mechanical equipment, and PLCs
- Basic understanding of HMI usage
- Ability to read and interpret both electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Ability to operate test equipment, i.e. multimeter
- Required to perform testing, basic rework, and calibrations on components
- Practical knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and robotics.
- Ability to keep and maintain complete and accurate records
- Solid grasp of problem solving and troubleshooting
- Intermediate electrical, mechanical, and software aptitude
- Ability to perform thorough Preventive Maintenance checks on automated production equipment
- Basic computer skills
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website