Job ID 210001ML
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Manager, Internal Controls maintains a high standard of internal controls for accounting and/or financial operations by providing leadership and guidance with the assigned function(s). The incumbent manages audit liaison operations by developing and implementing reporting systems to communicate internal controls reviews results. The Sr. Manager, Internal Controls serves as a subject matter expert (SME) through continuous improvements efforts within the assigned function(s).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Manage the ongoing activities of the assigned function(s) by providing guidance, leadership and expertise; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement training and assistance procedures for cross-divisional teams within the assigned function(s).
- Oversee the generation of diverse reports on a routine basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations; ensuring appropriate application of updates and changes as they affect the assigned function(s).
- Develop and implement policies and procedures within the assigned function(s); focusing on continuous improvement efforts which maximize efficacy and efficiency while ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Serve as an SME by providing guidance and leadership to direct reports and acting as a resources to cross-divisional teams within the assigned function(s).
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with cross-divisional teams; facilitating open communication and collaboration in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of internal controls staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other professional financial certification preferred.
- Accounting or auditing experience in a large multi-location organization with complex operations preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business warehouse (BW) and billing systems preferred (e.g., BEx, SAP, etc.).
- Working knowledge of revenue and general accounting cycles.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website