Job ID 20000BTM
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Provides sales and relationship support to the FMCNA Sales and Account Management organization.
- Utilizes knowledge of FMS, the admissions process and the various supporting programs to promote these to the patient as well as to external customers, including hospital discharge planners, referring physicians and other personnel making decisions regarding patient placement within an assigned market geography.
- Works with Patient Admissions Services staff to facilitate admissions, ensuring each patient receives a superior admission experience and is placed in the appropriate FMS clinic, preferably with a desirable treatment shift schedule.
- In FMCNA-affiliated Acute Programs, contributes to a decreased hospital length of stay by intervening early in the discharge process to impact timely discharge.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing superior customer service and admission support to referral sources and patients.
- In addition to growth results in the assigned HPSM territory, may be assigned 1 – 3 Hospital & Patient Services Managers (HPSM) to provide guidance, advice and support, acting as a subject matter expert and resource. Provides expertise regarding procedures and issues ensuring appropriate resolution
- Responsibilities may include direct supervision and/or training of HPSMs during their first 1 – 3 years of employment, reporting directly to the Vice President, Market Development
- Monitors and evaluates assigned HPS Manager activities to include:
- Provides written feedback throughout the year through scheduled field contact visits
- Evaluates HPSM performance based on goals, standards and benchmarks set up in coordination with the Director, Hospital & Patient Services (HPS)
- Assists Senior Director, Performance Training with new hire HPSM training classes and in on-going training and development of newly hired HPSMs during their first year of employment.
- Through frequent and regular visits, builds, establishes and maintains customer relationships
- Conducts one on one contacts with patients identified for admission to FMS facilities in order to market our services and facilitate the admission
- Facilitates and coordinates timely admission process for all patients being referred for Dialysis Services.
- Collaborates with appropriate physicians and hospital staff to obtain information necessary for outpatient placement.
- Escalates admissions issues and problems according to the established procedures to ensure timely resolution.
- Works with the applicable clinical manager(s) to accommodate shift requests as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains an extensive knowledge of the dialysis business and the support services provided by FMS and within the community.
- Maintains knowledge of the local market as well as industry trends in order to monitor and quickly react to changes which may impact the company and the patient services provided.
- Consistently meets sales & marketing call objectives as established by management
- Maintains accurate and timely account data and completes call reports as required.
- Conducts professional sales presentations to all customers.
- In FMCNA-affiliated Acute Programs within the geographically assigned area, may be represented as a "Clinical Liaison", "Hospital Services Specialist" and/or as a contracted employee of that hospital, conducting the following additional responsibilities and services:
- Develops and maintains an In-depth knowledge of the admissions processes for the focal dialysis market to include all area dialysis providers.
- Facilitates the placement of all in-patient dialysis patients (FMCNA-affiliated AND non-affiliated patients) into the out-patient setting, coordinating with the patient and discharge planners to identify appropriate placement for outpatient dialysis services according to the patient preferences, physician orders, and capacity of outpatient dialysis facilities within the market.
- Collaborates with outpatient dialysis staff and hospital staff/partners to resolve Issues relating to the placement of patients into the outpatient setting. Assesses related customer service issues reported by the referral source.
- Focuses on decreasing the hospital length of stay by intervening early in the discharge process to impact timely discharge, discharge to vs. after dialysis
- Facilitates and coordinates the provision of renal services for pre-ESRD and ESRD patients by collaborating with the appropriate clinicians to provide services such as renal education; treatment option education; insurance and financial education, etc.
- Ensures all tasks and activities are executed in compliance with company standard operating procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Significant travel 20 - 40 percent within the assigned geography/region is required
Responsible for direct supervision of 1 – 3 Hospital & Patient Services Managers
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3 - 5 years' related experience in healthcare operations, sales, sales support, B2B, etc.
- 2 - 3 years of Business to Business or Customer Service experience
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral- with ability to communicate to all levels of personnel
- Detail oriented with excellent customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills. Professional appearance required.
- Good computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- Completion of and compliance with the Marketing and Business Development Functional Compliance Program.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website