Job ID 20000DK4
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Research Scientist, Renal Research Institute, LLC, a Fresenius Medical Care N.A. company, New York, NY
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for assisting with the planning, design, and execution of research studies and producing high-quality and accurate research reports and publications in the fields of renal and kidney disease/failure and nutrition.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, collaborating, and conducting research and development activities for all phases of human subject research.
- Collecting, storing, and maintaining research data.
- Preparing abstracts, conference posters/talks, and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals as required.
- Organizing technical reports, summaries, presentations and quantitative analyses for presentation to appropriate personnel, externally and internally.
- Preparing and submitting regulatory documents to appropriate board or agency, including the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Designing protocols and human research subject Informed Consent procedure development.
- Investigating, creating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Preparing sample analysis and/or sample preparation for analysis /shipping.
- Assists with data analysis and explores techniques involved in biostatistical analytics.
- Presenting research findings at scientific conferences and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Experience and Required Skills:
Position requires a Master's degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition, Physiology, Biomedical or Health Sciences or a closely related life sciences field and 1 year of experience as a Research Assistant. Experience (which may be gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) must include:
Planning and conducting research and development activities for human subject research, including screening, consenting and enrolling study subjects; conducting study visits; conducting training to study sites; assisting in study monitoring and auditing; and organizing study data and analysis.
Working knowledge of basis biostatistical techniques: distribution analysis, t-test, ANOVA and linear regression; analyzing and visualizing study data using statistical software python and SAS.
Presenting research findings to an audience of scientists or healthcare professionals.
Training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) International Council for Harmonisation (ICH) E6 guideline and FDA guidelines Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR).
Apply on company website