Job ID 20000HND
Available Openings 12
Position Specific Information NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
NxStage Medical, a Fresenius company is not your typical medical products company. We are a close-knit team of talented professionals driven by a shared commitment: to lead a movement to dramatically improve renal care with innovative yet simple therapeutic solutions that benefit patients, caregivers, and society. We pursue this goal through a passionate commitment to Innovate, Educate, and Advocate for the breakthroughs that are redefining renal care. Additionally, NxStage works in community with its customers, patients, industry partners, and government leaders and agencies to realize the vision of better, simpler, more accessible renal care.
The Co-ops support product or process development activities related to the development, design, research and manufacturing of NxStage Medical's new and existing suite of products. As part of the R&D team, this involves participating in testing, design, building samples, and other activities as needed by the project team. Co-ops may be part of the system engineering, hardware mechanical engineering, or disposables engineering team.
- Participate in design or development of new medical equipment or disposables and/or upgrades to existing products
- Assist with major projects, or phases of projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems
- Ensure all design activities conform to design controls; and that all analysis, design and testing activities are properly documented
- Participate in activities to ensure design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed
- Assist the product development team in the adoption and use of best practices and design methodologies
- Debug and develop reliability improvements for existing products and products under development
- Provide technical support for product engineering, design development, integration, test and evaluation
- Investigate the feasibility of new projects, systems or approaches
- Learn about and work in ways that are compliant with internal and external standards, good manufacturing practices, and quality system regulations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively pursuing a college degree in similar major
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Candidate for BS or MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Plastics, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering
- Entry level understanding of product and process development of medical devices is preferred
- Basic knowledge of CAD, technical drawing creation, and rapid prototyping process
- Beginning understanding of system design, electronics, mechanical and software integration and manufacturing processes
- Has a constructive approach teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated interest in medical device or pharmaceutical industries
- Excellent technical communication skills and attention to detail, including creating and editing technical procedures, protocols, and reports
- Commitment to performing all tasks with quality and integrity
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website