Job ID 20000JR5
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Plans network systems by evaluating network and network technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, load balancers. Wireless LANS, and related network and network devices; designs IP Address Management infrastructures (IPAMs), including use of DHCP and DNS that adhere to industry standards.
PRINCIPAL NETWORK ENGINEER FOCUS:
- Design, deploy and maintain large-scale enterprise network infrastructures
- Contribute to the development of strategic infrastructure roadmaps including on-premise, hybrid and cloud technologies
- Link short and long-term business needs to meet business objectives
- Establish network architecture best suited to support business applications
- Assist with change management procedures related to network infrastructure
- Lead projects in terms of requirements gathering, scope determination, identification of potential blockers/interdependencies, and executing implementation plans
- Ensure service level agreements align with business expectations
Knowledge of the following:
- Cisco Nexus data center and peripheral switches including Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 3k
- Routing Protocols - BGP, IEGRP, OSPF
- Layer 2 and layer 3 switching
- Wireless network technologies – Aruba, Meraki, Cisco
- Network Access Control (wired & wireless)
- Cloud network infrastructure best practices – AWS, Azure
- Diagnostic tools – Extrahop, wireshark, solarwinds, etc
- Tap agg technologies – Gigamon, Arista, Cisco
- Managing public and private IP address space
- DNS - Internal/external management
- Proficiency with F5 load balancers
- PKI - SSL certificates, root certificates
- Multi-factor authentication
- Firewall technologies - Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implements network systems by specifying connectivity configurations
Directs equipment and software installation and calibration
Provides technical support and completes documentation.
Verifies network systems by developing and implementing tests
Maintains network by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures
Upgrades network systems
Identifies network gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements.
Prepares system network reports by collating, and summarizing data and trends.
Provides support for Infrastructure teams for debugging and troubleshooting.
Works closely with the rest of the team and the Network Security teams to troubleshoot and optimize the environment.
Communicates with development teams when changes occur.
Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- A degree in Computer Science or MIS a plus.
- MIS or Computer Science course work at the graduate level a plus
- Certification in a Network role (e.g. CCNA) is highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 8-10 years' related experience
- A Bachelor's degree; or a Master's degree with 8 years' experience; or a PhD with 5 years' experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Expert working level with switches, routers, wireless LANs, load balancing, DNS
- Network Design Expertise.
- Expert level with Cisco environment required.
- Experience with voice-over-IP environments is a plus.
- Knowledge of network management and monitoring is necessary
- Expert knowledge implementing high-availability solutions
- Requires very strong troubleshooting skills
- Requires very strong knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, etc.
- Working experience in large scale Enterprise Network environment.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interface with internal IT and User personnel.
- Requires excellent documentation skills to meet compliance requirements.
- Must be expert level in network, networking, troubleshooting, clustering, and fluent in the ever changing technical landscape. Interact with users to recommend purchases of hardware/software and coordinates installation with vendors and/or technicians.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website