Job ID 20000JTL
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Primary responsibility is to provide payroll services for employees in accordance with FMCNA company policy and Federal and State wage and hour regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act. In addition, the position is responsible for advancing FMCNA culture by exemplifying core values and providing superior customer service. While most tasks are of a routine nature, this position requires independent thinking for analysis of paycheck issues and recommendations on how to best resolve them through the normal payroll process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships through effective and timely communication with internal and external customers
- Review and audit of Kronos timecards for accuracy
- Review payroll errors and follow up with Managers as needed
- Process all payroll adjustments submitted for hours and earnings that could not be processed through Kronos. Review adjustments to ensure compliance with payroll policies and SOX controls.
- Calculate, prepare and enter off-cycle check information for payments that must be issued prior to the next scheduled payroll
- Prepare and submit Stop Payment and Direct Deposit Reversal requests to Payroll Supervisor for processing
- Research and resolve direct deposit returns or changes generated through the direct deposit process
- Review garnishments that will be loaded to the payroll system during the current pay cycle to ensure that all the necessary information has been sent to successfully process the garnishment from our third party garnishment administrator
- Process PTO Payouts and PTO/ESL balance adjustments in accordance with FMCNA policy as well as State regulations
- Recalculate retroactive pay changes for employees that are not properly calculated through the systemic process
- Update employee changes to federal, state or local tax records, direct deposit accounts or other changes where employees cannot update their own records through Self Service
- Act as a backup to other Payroll Coordinators
- Other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree in a business discipline is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of two years' experience in payroll or accounting is required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft Payroll System and Kronos is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Wage and Hour Laws is desired
- Critical Skills: attention to detail; customer service, analytical, communication, organizational
- Critical Attributes: Team player, dedicated, reliable
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to complete work assignments within required time constraints and meet critical deadlines
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website