Job ID 20000F6P
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position provides education and training to healthcare professionals supporting the RTG portfolio of products within an assigned territory. Follows all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes established procedures to perform routine assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge, utilizes established procedures, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds and maintains stable working relationships internally and externally.
- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds stable working relationships internally and externally.
- Normally receives specific, detailed instructions on all work.
- May refer to Senior MSS and/or Principle MSS, if applicable, for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Promotes team spirit and demonstrates strong core values.
- Develops and promotes corporate relationships with key organizations, i.e. ANNA, ASN, and ANNA.
- Participates in professional conferences and meetings as required.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Participates with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Independently provide clinical support via education to all healthcare professionals.
- Is a resource for clinical inquiries from healthcare professionals.
- Maintains a current knowledge of anemia, bone and mineral metabolism and the NKF-KDOQI guidelines. Maintains position as “expert” for all RTG products supported by MSS team.
- Demonstrates territory management skills necessary to efficiently provide coverage to accounts within assigned territory.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to physically cover and maintain regular face to face contact with customers over a large geographic area. Approximate travel of up to 85% by automobile, train or airplane is often necessary to cover the assigned territory and includes overnight stays. Occasional weekend travel maybe necessary to travel to/from an appointment. Must reside within assigned territory. Lifting requirements of up to 50 lb necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent of education and experience. Must be a Registered Nurse with current RN license; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Teaching and communication skills with proven ability in adult education.
- May be required to meet healthcare credentialing requirements such as training, immunizations, drug screening and infectious disease testing.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website