Job ID 21000B0C
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
M-F 8-5 PM
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Medical Assistant PPS has duties and responsibilities related to patient care in the ambulatory clinic environment. The incumbent displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others and functions as a member of the healthcare team. The Medical Assistant PPS functions under the direct supervision and authority of the physician when performing clinical tasks during patient care. The incumbent maintains an inventory of examination/procedure room supplies, assists in the organization of efficient patient flow, and organizes the clinic environment to assure patient safety. The Medical Assistant PPS demonstrates problem-solving skills as they relate to patient care activities, provides guidance for and acts as a role model for other medical assistants in the clinical area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists in the performance of patient care:
- Rooms patients
- Obtains weight, vital signs, BMI, patient history
- Assists patients in collection of specimens
- Assists practitioners with procedures
- Complete forms, requisitions and consents as required
- Documents in EMR
- Able to elicit medical information from patients including but not limited to: health history, medication changes, chief complaint and other pertinent health information.
- Records and documents health information accurately, appropriately and timely on a consistent basis.
- Preps chart for patient office appointments, requires retrieving labs, test, imaging, and hospital notes.
- Requests records on all new patients.
- Performs basic filing, scanning, entry of lab result and photocopying duties as required.
- Administers injections as ordered by provider.
- Calls or electronically send prescriptions and refills as required.
- Responsible for daily stocking of equipment and supplies in assigned rooms on a daily basis.
- Able to identify and notifies provider of critical diagnostic data.
- Prepares and closes medical records accurately, appropriately and timely on consistent basis.
- Answers patient's questions regarding procedures and medications under Medical Assistant's scope of practice.
- All phone calls are handled accurately, appropriately, consistently, and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of all patient programs and scheduling process for all programs such as: chronic kidney disease education, nutrition and other patient-related classes.
- Communicates information in an accurate, concise, and timely and professional manner.
- Travels to various locations as requested.
- Answers telephone in a pleasant manner and deals with all internal and external customer needs expeditiously.
- Coverage for other medical assistants as needed
- Follows all processes and procedures uniformly.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills including empathy and compassion, respect, efficiency and professionalism when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Assures confidentiality of information in written and verbal communications.
- Protects patients' rights and privacy.
- Works independently with integrity on behalf of the company and demonstrates organization of work and the ability to set priorities. Demonstrates a sense of importance on all matters related to our patients.
- Accepts responsibility for individual actions and judgments.
- Conducts all activities in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards, and practice policies and procedures.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is a medical practice with a quiet to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to various medical equipment.
- High School Diploma required.
- Completion of an Accredited Medical Assistant training program, such as courses provided through community colleges and/or vocational schools.
- Current certification in CPR.
- Certified as a Medical Assistant by an approved National Examination Agency.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families, physicians and other health care team members in order to foster optimal quality of outpatient care.
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) strongly preferred.
- The National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) strongly preferred.
- The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification from the National Healthcare Association (NHA) strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' related experience, preferably in a Nephrology practice setting.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General math skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with electronic medical office systems such as electronic medical records, scheduling programs, switchboard, credit card machines, standard office equipment and any new technology that arises.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website