Job ID 20000BZT
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Collaborates with internal and external customers, to ensure a positive customer experience for every patient from first point of referral, through education, modality options, and access placement and follow up, as applicable, to eventual admission into Fresenius Kidney Care (FKC) or through smooth transition between modalities. Actively promotes home modalities to physicians, patients, and other groups both internal and external directly and through Kidney Care Advocates and Associate Advocates. Supports all aspects of growth within defined regions or areas of a business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and modality education programs for a designated territory to ensure every patient along with their care giver and support system (if applicable) receives comprehensive education on modality options including hemodialysis treatments both at home and in-center, peritoneal dialysis, kidney transplantation as well as education on hemodialysis access types with a focus on the health and safety benefits of AV-Fistula or AV-Graft compared to central venous catheters.
Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations. Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
Provides monthly reporting on Home Therapies referrals to Home Therapies DO and/or Market Manager.
Responsible for training Kidney Care Advocates and Kidney Care Associates on all programs. Trains all direct reports on all programs.
Assists with the navigation of patients along the continuum of care from Stage 4 CKD to initiation of dialysis, or in transition from in-center hemodialysis to home therapy, including but not limited to proper and timely access placement.
Maintains high level, routine communication with physicians, partners, the interdisciplinary team members, Clinic and Home Program Managers.
Supports and implements processes with physician practices as well as local clinics for patient referrals and evaluates the effectiveness of processes through an ongoing basis.
Responds timely to all referrals.
Assists in the identification, evaluation and selection of Home Dialysis patients and Care Partners.
Coordinates the timely admission of patients, including urgent start placements into Fresenius Kidney Care Home Therapy and In-Center programs. Collaborates with management to identify and resolve admission barriers.
Conducts Home Therapy awareness programs for existing patients and Fresenius staff, as needed or as directed.
Strives to meet growth goals by maintaining strong physician and partner relationships and identifying opportunities for increasing referrals to Fresenius Kidney Care and Home Therapies.
Collaborates with Kidney Care Advocate, RVP, Market Development, and HT DO on the development and implementation of the home therapy strategic plan.
Maintains knowledge of FMCNA Home Therapies products, services and strategies in order to promote FMCNA Home Therapies to the community through outreach programs.
Participates in all pertinent FMS training and development opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, skills and leadership competencies.
Provides educational programs to physicians, as needed.
Coordinates communication of all corporate and business unit Home Therapies initiatives to physicians in collaboration with the Regional Vice Presidents and home therapy managers.
Ensures accurate and timely documentation of patient interactions and status through maintenance of SAP database, and/or electronic medical record.
Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program and all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- Requires frequent prolonged periods of standing.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Travel to regional, business unit, and corporate meetings will be required.
- Must be willing to work occasional evening and weekends, as needed, to provide modality education.
- Extensive regional travel to physician groups and advocate and associate advocate home base.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Kidney Care Advocate staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
- Registered Nurse degree desirable.
- Subject to state licensure requirements, MSW or RD (or other applicable licensed professionals) may be eligible under the supervision of Qualified Licensed Staff.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 6 – 8 years' related experience; or Master's degree with 4+ years' related experience; or RN with 5+ years related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year Nursing experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year Home Dialysis experience desired.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including, but not limited to customer service, patient outcomes, continuous quality improvement, team building and employee motivation, decision-making, relationship development and leading cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- High level of emotional intelligence and demonstrated ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Results oriented to exceed established goals.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to be a team player.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website