Job ID 21000EG7
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Shift - Tuesday and Friday Day shift hours 8:30 am to 7:00 pm.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for coordinating and directing operations of a designated laboratory department, including the leading of licensed and unlicensed laboratory personnel, test performance and test reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead departmental laboratory personnel; coordinate daily workflow.
- Perform testing audits and quality control before finalizing release of test results, inclusive of documentation and other reporting mechanism.
- Perform testing validation and equipment calibration (thermometers, pipettes, etc.), as assigned.
- Perform inspection and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Resolve instrument and methodology issues.
- Comply with all laboratory safety protocols, including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper laboratory techniques, disposal of bio-hazard, etc.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Act as technical supervisor for all levels of laboratory personnel.
- Coordinate and facilitate department work flow.
- Participate in departmental projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Interpret all methodologies and method specifications as requested by client, management, QA and Compliance.
- Demonstrate continued competence in all designated areas through training others or other approved competency measures.
- Responsible for completing proficiency testing including, but not limited to, reviews and investigation as required, collection of Quality Control, instrument data and appropriate approval signatures.
- Design and perform validation studies, analyze data and suggest resolutions to variations from specifications.
- Create, review and edit department SOPs.
- Act as department lead in absence of supervisor/manager.
- Oversee all training and onboarding for all personnel.
- Approve orders for reagents, chemicals, equipment parts, and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- Act as liaison to instrumentation and product vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., and be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time in a laboratory environment.
- Must be able to work with clinical and environmental samples, including, but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and/or reagents specific to laboratory testing.
- Must be able to work in a medium to high noise level.
- No travel requirements
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in applied, biological or laboratory sciences required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 – 6 years' related experience.
- 2 – 3 years lead or supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated advanced experience in clinical laboratory required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Prior experience with laboratory systems required.
- PC literacy and generally used applications required.
- Ability to follow precise directions in situation requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Prior supervisory experience in a reference laboratory desired.
- Must possess knowledge, skills and abilities in quality control and regulatory affairs.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website