Job ID 200008QF
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Lead Integration Engineer assists with the identification, development and customization of complex systems solutions to address business requirements. Oversees design activities that may involve application/system architecture or process designs for integration of very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture.
- 5-8 years of hands-on development experience with JAVA, J2EE (Spring) and REST/SOAP Web Services
3-5 years of hands-on development experience working with APIs and API Gateway product. Building API Proxies and API Policies
3-5 years of hands-on MuleSoft experience, MuleSoft Certification is big plus
Experience connecting applications in the Cloud with API services and data stores on-prem and exposure to solutions like AWS-EC2/S3/Direct Connect etc
Experience with Open API (Swagger) specifications and RAML
Experience developing solutions moving data sets of all sizes connecting File Systems, OLTP, OLAP, Data Lakes, No SQL & Big Data environments
Must have experience with DevOps culture and tools such as Gitlab and Jenkins for CI/CD
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities
Strong organizational skills
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Experience with Healthcare standards like HIPAA and SOX is plus
Demonstrable knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and internalizes the project mission and associated company objectives for the effort.
- Transforms business-oriented functional specifications into detailed technical specifications. Diagrams technical decompositions, describes technical process and data components, and designs exception handling and controls.
- Participates in functional design reviews and lead technical design reviews.
- Assigns, coordinates, controls and reviews work deliverables for developers.
- Evaluates and estimates change orders.
- Ensures software flexibility, scalability and reuse. Works with colleagues to promote best practices and standards in software design and development.
- Leads developers in unit and string testing. Supports system integration and quality assurance testing. Accountable for deliverable quality.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to developers for both integrations techniques and tools.
- Works collaboratively with internal integrations groups to deliver high-value solutions that conform to all requirements. Works collaboratively with external IT groups to successfully implement solutions into the environment.
- Provides integrations tool/product expertise related to design, development, testing and deployment.
For a specific project assignment this role will include:
- Work with business analysts to identify business requirements.
- Participate in functional specifications review.
- Design of the project or project track technical solution collaboratively or independently.
- Define individual technical solution components.
- Document the design, approach and components in technical specification documents.
- Assign individual tasks/components to the technical team developers.
- Provide technical team developers with direction on day-to-day activities.
- Conduct technical code reviews.
- Provide project related status reporting and documentation.
- Coordinate all release planning.
- Lead the development team through all project phases.
- Maintains software versions in version control tool.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of company/division technical strategy and direction in order to deliver consistency, maintainability, reuse and quality balanced against delivery deadlines.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 6 years' experience; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Experience managing teams of technical developers.
- Very strong relational database development experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management.
- Author technical specifications, designs and diagrams.
- Strong technical development and relational platform design experience – especially with systems integration and interface development.
- Ability to determine tradeoffs, estimates and overall technical approaches.
- Ability to work effectively with people from peer IT organizations.
- Health Care development experience preferred.
- Good communication and writing skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website