Job ID 200003R2
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Leads the activities and personnel associated with providing technical services to internal customers by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems with desktop, laptop, and networked systems. Ensures that all phases of desktop support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues, are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved. Coordinates maintenance of database for data integrity and security for desktop systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques.
- Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Contacts are regularly with individuals representing outside organizations, and individuals of significant importance within the company.
- Involved with planning, preparation and final execution of communications.
- Requires strong persuasion and negotiation skills to accomplish and implement the objectives of the communication.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Work may be done without established procedures.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Automates desktop management of remote computer systems using an enterprise desktop management tool. Helps to create synergy among systems and environments. Ensures efficient updates and monitoring of all PCs.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of standard software images for numerous hardware platforms. Updates software packages where necessary and patches old versions where necessary. Ensures system is operating smoothly and removes programs as necessary to free up space.
- Creates new desktop technologies based on strategic business needs. Collaborates with department management to create action plans based on business objectives. Interfaces with project management team to ensure the necessary resources to support existing and future plans.
- Coordinates the evaluation, testing and selection of hardware and software to be used by remote employees.
- Coordinates the installation and configuration of computer hardware and software, including laptops, desktops, printers, etc. Documents installation, configuration, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Establishes desktop standards for all field computer systems and coordinates the completion of software installations and hardware upgrades.
- Minimizes user downtime by investigating, evaluating, and resolving the most complex desktop and laptop hardware and software issues in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Ensures that end users are notified promptly of desktop system changes or issues that may affect them.
- Acts as a resource for the department with respect to support of software, hardware and other desktop functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifts/carries objects and materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Overtime maybe required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 6+ years' related experience.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of PC hardware and multiple PC operating systems.
- Must be able to work well with end users and support staff.
- Must be able to lead initiatives within the department.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website