Job ID 20000I2K
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Field Service Technician performs client-site installation, service and maintenance on company manufactured and/or distributed equipment within the assigned regional area(s). The incumbent provides technical support in the diagnosis of operational and/or technical issues of applicable equipment. The Field Service Technician performs all responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures intended to meet health and safety, compliance and regulatory guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned equipment installation, service and/or maintenance in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides high level technical in-service support for cross-divisional teams and/or customers as requested.
- Handles various confidential patient and/or health information in compliance with company policies and procedures, HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensures data accuracy and integrity within applicable systems throughout the documentation process of all completed services performed.
- Processes applicable documentation and corresponding parts in compliance with company policies and procedures on a routine basis.
- Maintains field service inventory in compliance with management recommendations; ensuring accountability for the usage and/or dispersal of assigned inventory.
- Maintains assigned company vehicle, credit card(s) and other business accounts in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the improvement of ongoing operations within the assigned function(s) to maximize efficacy and efficiency in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- May be required to provide cross-coverage of additional regional area(s) to meet business needs.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participation in the District On Call Technician (DOCT) and National After Hours On Call Technician (NACT) call rotations required.
- Must be available for inclusion in a rotating 24-hour call coverage schedule.
- Must be available to work overtime as required.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens and/or hazardous materials possible.
- Routinely lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of related experience.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Prior experience in a dialysis and/or hospital environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Excellent customer service skills to successfully handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism, discretion and tact.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website