Job ID 20000CLO
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Engineering Project Manager II will be responsible for leading R&D teams on development of medical devices from concept to product launch. Requires significant cross-functional coordination, excellent written and communications skills, and the ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders. Position is part of the Global Digital Solutions (GDS) team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of engineering project management, resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Leads complex R&D projects across all phases of planning, implementation, and production readiness and support.
- Creates, optimizes, and drives structured schedules and project plans. Sets and meets deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing conditions or data.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for engineering project management activities.
- Represents the R&D teams as core team member in the cross-functional program teams.
- Collaborates across all the functional areas (R&D, Marketing, QA/QC, Regulatory, Clinical, Operations, Service and others) necessary to insure successful project completion and delivery.
- Anticipates, identifies, documents, and manages key program risks; proposes and drives appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Prepares project dashboards and communicates progress clearly across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executive.
- Plans resource requirements and negotiates Core Team resources with R&D functional managers; assist Core Team Members in negotiating extended team staffing.
- Leads teams to define and prioritize scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Assist Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Builds effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers.
- May provide assistance to lower level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a technical field (i.e. electrical, mechanical, physics); Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of related experience in product development and/or project management, preferably in the medical device industry; with a Master's Degree 3 years of experience required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Project management tools to develop schedules, allocate resources, and track progress.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading high-performance technical teams.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding track record driving projects to completion on time, within budget and in high quality.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website