Job ID 2000082H
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Director, Procurement is a leader that is an integral part in the achievement of Procurement, Operational and Quality objectives. This position is key to leading the company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and services covering price, delivery and quality targets. Operates in a complex, rapidly changing environment with typically tight schedules and budgets. Has a leading role in identifying, planning and executing initiatives improving transactional efficiencies across all GMQS sites in the Americas region. Supports GMQS mission, vision and core values. Adheres to the Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements in accordance with government, corporate, and local policies, procedures and regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business unit(s).
Establish and lead teams that strategically manage direct and indirect spend by utilizing a proven sourcing process that engages stakeholders, aligns business objectives, and ensured supply continuity. Leverage supplier capabilities across GMQS to meet the near and long-term needs of the business. Ensure robust supplier selection, diligent management of supplier performance issues, and innovative thinking on supplier capability.
Ensure that all direct reports within the function set and meet targets that support near and long-term business objectives. Ensure that all team members have priorities that are clear, realistic, and manageable.
Create teams as needed to intensively analyze and modify procurement strategy for specific products or services, including setting goals and identifying performance measures.
Identify, recruit and actively develop skills and competencies required for the future organization. Develop own successor and successors within the Procurement organization for all levels of management and key individual contributor roles. Coach subordinate managers in the delivery of performance feedback and career management for their direct reports.
Measure quality of procurement performance through metrics and feedback from constituent customer groups. Develop, maintain, promote, and distribute key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement.
Ensure optimal partnerships that facilitate sustainable performance levels with vendors through both formal programs and informal meetings.
Optimize supplier portfolio considering best- cost country approach and system suppliers
Coordinate Procurement activities related to NPI including early supplier involvement to ensure DFM and lowest possible BOM cost
Conduct and coordinate Make vs Buy analysis
Eliminate barriers and resolve escalated procurement issues. Assertively champion a culture of continuous improvement within the Procurement department.
Manage external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of materials and services.
Manage and support contract negotiations (RFQs) and strategies.
Manages and forecasts department's operating budgets and controls expenditures.
Manage and maintain collaborative relationship with R&D, Engineering, Quality Systems, Production, Accounting, and Information Technology.
Track and report key functional metrics (KPIs) to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Develop and maintain policies and procedures consistent with corporate, FDA regulations, and ISO requirements.
Improve transactional efficiencies by reducing transaction time for Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders across all GMQS plants in the Americas region by identifying, planning and executing initiatives including but not limited to the Synertrade P2P Webshop. Ensure sustainability of aforementioned initiatives by proposing and maintaining appropriate organizational setup.
Manage and support the utilization of SAP, Synertrade and Windchill as it relates to procurement.
Work collaboratively with North America and global procurement teams on projects of mutual interest, especially with sister plants in Europe and Asia.
Provide technical guidance.
Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-10% travel is required.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of procurement staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable. Advanced negotiations skills courses, a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 10 years of progressive procurement experience, with at least 5 years of healthcare materials procurement.
- 5+ years' experience as a Manager; or 5+ years' experience in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Excellent analytical ability, including interpreting data and developing recommendations based on analysis.
- Excellent planning ability, including identification of critical success factors, key obstacles, and risks.
- Thorough understanding of benchmarking, process mapping, process redesign, and other cost saving tools.
- Focus on key outcomes, not only processes or activities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and balance interests of a variety of key stakeholders.
- Identify and confront issues and problems directly and promptly.
- Provide quick and decisive recommendations based on systematic analysis.
- SAP proficiency
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website