Job ID 20000IJS
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Position will cover all Indiana clinics and the home base clinic will depend on the location of the selected candidate
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directs, administers and controls the day to day operations and activities of assigned Home Therapies programs ensuring compliance with established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures in order to provide high quality dialysis services and outstanding patient care to the community. Participates in the implementation of divisional and company initiatives and strategies. Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth of the Home Therapy area while ensuring compliance with all pertinent company policies and regulatory requirements.
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy as well as the FMS UltraCare mission, values and standards. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Responsible for a minimum of 8 clinics and/or 200 patients and/or covers the same equivalent for an entire FMS region.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Directs and oversees the dialysis Home Therapies business within a defined area through effective leadership and management of customer service, quality patient care, marketing of FMS and responsible fiscal management. Coordinates operation strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding quality patient care and dialysis services while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring efficiency and economy.
- Participates in the development of area strategic plans, goals and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division and company. Implements, disseminates and administers operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the division's and company's goals and objectives. Implements HT program-specific and area quality goals and action plans in order to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to HT program management including HT Program Managers and other support staff. Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting upon adverse events and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Mentors, guides, supports and provides subject matter expertise to HT Program Managers within region.
- Collaborates with RVP to develop clinic budgets, monitoring performance to ensure optimal, efficient and effective operations practices within regulatory and company guidelines.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of each assigned facility/program including optimal performance of program operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Works closely with Managed Care department to increase the payor mix and to retain commercial patients.
- Manages the payroll and oversees facility expenses and accounts payable for the assigned area practicing cost containment strategies as appropriate.
- Reviews the balance sheet and income statement s regarding revenue growth and commercial payor mix on a frequent basis to understand the status of the business.
- Determines impact of proposed changes and identified improvements prior to implementation to ensure a positive effect.
- Accountable for implementing and driving the FMS Staffing and Medical Supply Models and other FMS business initiatives including the prompt implementation of corrective action plans for clinics with below threshold performance.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with HT program operating budgets and takes the appropriate actions to ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives. Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business plan and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area with RVP and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals an objectives responding to current status and conditions. Coordinates and oversees all logistics associated with patient care within the assigned area.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and education according to FMS policies and procedures including ongoing compliance training.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the company and the Medical Directors, Medical Advisory Board members, and referring physicians, ensuring appropriate communication of company initiatives. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating HT Program Manager and staff relationships with physicians.
- Collaborates with the Group Vice President and Regional Vice President to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in the related activities as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to providing oversight of the JV operations; participating in JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares reports and audits current procedures and processes to monitor efficiency of operations
- Practices risk management strategies and collaborates with internal and external legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal issues with goal of reducing company exposure.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business. Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the area management team/succession planning through coaching, training and leadership development.
- Collaborates with the appropriate Corporate and local groups to ensure the growth of all modalities (Incenter, Inpatient, Home, Home Assist, CKD etc. and the Treatment Options program)
- Ensures a strong and robust communications process between all managers and staff within the area and clinics, and across the division as needed by leading communications sessions and meetings with managers and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of communications to direct patient care and support staff within the area.
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance of environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and water systems within designated area.
- Oversees Privacy and Security compliance according to the FMCNA and FMS Risk Management and Compliance requirements.
- Participates in all pertinent FMS training and development opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, and skills and leadership competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Division and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree required with concentration in Business, Finance or Healthcare preferred
- Or RN degree with equivalent (3 years) healthcare management experience in lieu of bachelors' degree.
- 3 – 5 years of business operations management and leadership experience preferably in healthcare.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and relationship development.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website