Job ID 20000D73
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Per Diem PRN
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and effective care for patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with FMCNA policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome assigned patients and inquire as to their well-being since their last treatment. Report any complaints or observations to the nurse supervisor.
- Screen patients/staff as required by the Coronavirus Policy.
- Perform Nasal Swab Testing.
- Collecting nasopharyngeal swab samples.
- Assists patients as needed to and from the waiting area.
- Assures confidentiality of patient information and medical records.
- Prepare lab requisitions for prescribed or stat lab samples according to laboratory destination.
- Label appropriately prepare and store lab samples in accordance with required laboratory specifications.
- Ensure collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier.
- Ensure that all blood spills are immediately cleaned with appropriate disinfectant according to facility policy.
- Maintain environmental integrity and aesthetics ensuring all areas are safe and clean.
- Prepare and organize supplies, and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Assists with other related duties as assigned such as answering phones and coordinating patient transportation.
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Collect and organize supplies ensuring all work areas are restocked appropriately
- Review and restock crash cart supplies and log/record routinely as directed, and inform Clinical Manager regarding expired emergency drugs
- Checks for expired medications, lab tubes and supplies.
- Counting and ordering nonprescription supplies.
- QAI paperwork as designated by manager
- Follows up on referrals and additional appointments needed from patient appointment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the heavier items
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous relevant healthcare experience required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website