Job ID 210000KN
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the training and education of employees based in company facilities and programs within an assigned geographical area. Delivers standardized, competency based, training and development programs including new employee orientation, preceptor training, facility specific in- services, and clinical, quality, and customer service training programs to promote quality patient care, and achieve Area, Regional and/or Enterprise wide initiatives & goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Aligns with regional, group, and corporate, business-related goals through all activities and actions.
Adheres to standards and scope of nursing practice, company policy, procedures, compliance, regulatory, legal, and ethical, requirements.
Focuses all programs towards achieving a culture of patient safety, clinical quality goals, and improving patient outcomes, using company and industry guidelines and standards.
Develops competency and skills to educate personnel in all chronic kidney disease treatment programs.
Empowers and promotes a culture of lifelong learning through professional programs, coaching, and available technologies.
Collaborates with relevant partners at all levels to schedule, provide, and implement education programs, technologies, and processes for new and current personnel.
Utilizes appropriate educational venues and generational learning techniques to deliver, support, and evaluate training.
Partners in the implementation of action plans through to resolution, as appropriate.
Uses facilitation techniques and the variety of tools and resources available to promote immersive, engaging, learning experiences.
Develops and maintains open, effective, and timely communication with internal and external customers such as, but not limited to, company management and facility team, government agencies, physicians, hospitals, and contracted travel personnel.
Demonstrates leadership competencies, excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, critical thinking, team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision- making skills.
Supports metric / KPI programs, with timely and complete data documentation, reporting, and ongoing quality improvement processes.
Maintains knowledge of products, services, and strategies to support and train staff appropriately in all modalities.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, Regional and facility/program employees and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, departmental, and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases / materials.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines, and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in other locations which may include overnight stays, with the same physical demands and working conditions as described above.
- This position requires between approximately 35-80% travel
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Advanced degree BSN or MSN (preferred)
- Current appropriate RN state licensure in primary state of residence
- Obtain and maintain RN state licensure in assigned states as directed
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state of employment
- Minimum 1-year dialysis experience as a Registered Nurse
- CDN or CNN (preferred) or must attain within 18 months of employment
- Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS (Basic Life Safety) Certification, all annual and ongoing required education / training / competencies.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website