Job ID 200009A1
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Our Clinical Consultant opportunity will be covering the East Coast so ideal candidates will be located near a major airport and are able to travel 70%. Experience in Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) is required for this opportunity.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Clinical Consultant has a key role to play as part of the Sales and Marketing organization. The right candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving customer relationships, with a focus on enhancing revenue in select existing and new accounts. This individual will need to have a strong clinical background and understanding, with the ability to develop a Center strategy as well as influence senior leaders and stakeholders associated with the respective accounts. A proven track record of excellence in customer relations, as well as the ability to build and execute on strategic plans will be essential.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment of facilities and implementation of a plan for training and continued improvement utilizing holistic account principles and business models.
- Displays understanding of various staffing models and requirements. Incorporates knowledge of nursing demands and facility productivity in improving financial outcomes.
- Ability to interact with and motivate nursing staff ancillary staff as well as mid-level and senior level leadership to accomplish common goals.
- Mentoring of CEs to improve knowledge base and facilitation of the consultative process.
- Ability to create customized growth plans for a facility or group of facilities to maximize patient outcomes and financial success, execute and follow up on the progress with customers.
- Assist in quality improvement and instruction on managing patient outcomes.
- Guide the customer on ways to successfully market their program.
- Work collaboratively with NxStage area and regional account executives to develop strategic account planning and targeting; to ensure teamwork and proper allocation of nursing resources.
- Effectively Train and motivate nursing staff to be successful training and maintaining patients
- Move an organization from New Start or restart to a highly successful regularly training program. Provide support and assistance in the development of new programs (organization, quality tracking, systems, processes)
- Effectively train nursing staff on HHD therapy concepts and practical applications
- Provide information to physicians to support prescription and method selection
- Identify priority accounts to engage and develop
- Ability to describe the center, PD and HHD economics and how this impacts a centers revenue and profitability, ability to outline the operational drivers that impact the same economic drivers for the center – Identify improvement areas in facilities to positively impact profitability
- Ability to communicate regulations and policies (National, Regional, and Facility)
- Plan and implement regional educational sessions as necessary (basic, advanced) for nurses and patients.
- Maintain clinical competency through nephrology literature, meetings, NxStage products and services and their clinical application.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Significant travel required (up to 70%).
- RN Required, BSN Preferred
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent Preferred
- MBA Preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of sales and/or 5+ years of Clinical Education in the dialysis industry, PD experience required.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, energetic, with an infectious, positive, can-do attitude.
- Located for easy and short travel to target accounts.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website