Job ID 20000EMG
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- This is a 100% REMOTE position.
- Must have an active, unrestricted, compact RN license.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Promotes quality member care, ongoing customer support and care coordination for our renal member population by providing guidance, support, coordination, education and other care coordination functions as defined by the pertinent program. Implements the pertinent program as assigned while acting as the subject matter expert and resource for members, colleagues, dialysis staff, physicians and other healthcare professionals. Services are generally provided telephonically.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilizes nursing knowledge and clinical judgement, independent data analysis, critical thinking, time management skills, review of medical information, collaboration with clinical and non-clinical members of the healthcare team, and knowledge of CNU processes to develop and facilitate coordination of care for FHP-assigned and referred members.
Collaborate with clinical and non-clinical staff and other members of the patient's health care team to develop individualized interventions to meet the member's current needs
Communicate and coordinate with the patient as well as appropriate members of patient's health care team in developing, executing and reviewing results of care coordination efforts
Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques to influence members to engage in their own care.
Acts within state's RN Scope of Practice in all situations.
Builds collaborative, productive relationships with teammates, members, and other stakeholders.
Collaborates with providers and members to ensure optimal and successful transition from chronic kidney disease to dialysis.
Collaborates with providers and dialysis clinics to identify and mitigate hospitalization and mortality risk for members.
Utilizes good documentation practices to accurately document interactions with members, members' health records, caregivers, and other stakeholders.
Multitasks efficiently to meet multiple task outcomes in a timely manner.
Independently manages workload to ensure completion of assigned work and meet productivity expectations.
Maintains current and accurate nursing knowledge and best practice guidelines, including specifics regarding chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease.
Improves job-related capabilities through continuing education, professional seminars, and technical workshops.
Participates in quality improvement activities and project-based work including practice, clinic and community-based education initiatives.
Participates in meetings to review and provide education on the CNU and other care management interventions.
Evaluates program processes and makes recommendations to management that will improve the effectiveness and
efficiency of the program.
Maintains the integrity of Protected Health Information (PHI).
Complies with all departmental required data collection and auditing activities.
Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Reviews and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demands include but are not limited to: being able to sit at a desk for several hours a day which includes telephonic work and/or attending required meetings.
- Travel and visits to clinics, medical offices, hospitals and/or patient homes may be required
- Registered Nurse (RN) required with active unrestricted licensure in practicing state- with the ability to obtain licensure in multiple states.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 to 5 years of Nephrology Nursing and/or Case Management experience preferred.
- Experience in a role related to patient education and/or case management is preferred.
- Must exhibit leadership skills and be able to collaborate with clinic staff.
- Must have knowledge of teaching-learning process, principles, and methods of adult education.
- Understanding of renal and diabetes disease process and current management practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is necessary.
- Excellent and professional telephone skills.
- Ability to function as a part of an integrated team.
- Adequate presentation skills needed to prepare and deliver presentations to small groups telephonically or in-person.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other disciplines.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and work independently.
- Able to follow oral and written communication as well as communicate information to individuals or groups with varying levels of education.
- Must exhibit practical computer skills such as e-mail, Word documents and basic Excel spreadsheet skills. PowerPoint skills are preferred. Must be able to type proficiently.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website