Job ID 19000BER
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Under supervision, is responsible for the repair and maintenance for all medical equipment, water systems and the physical plant in assigned facilities. Performs all repair and maintenance activities according to FMCNA policies and procedures, manufacturer's documentation, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Performs monthly Technical Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) duties. Responsible for cost containment related to repair and maintenance.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Responsible for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develop and maintains relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Take initiative to respond to, resolve and follow up on customer issues in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform and/or oversee repair and maintenance activities on water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, ancillary equipment, test equipment, and the physical plant for assigned areas/facilities as recommended by the manufacturer and in compliance with FMCNA Clinical/Technical Services policies and procedures, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Document all repair and maintenance activity/repairs per applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Employee is required to work on high voltage equipment.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of service parts.
- Ensure defective parts with associated RGA and warranty parts are returned in a timely manner.
- Actively support and participate in the Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) process.
- Work with facility staff to ensure all regulatory and OSHA requirements are met.
- Perform water/dialysate sample collection and processing per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review, evaluate and report water/dialysate quality results per applicable policies and procedures.
- Transport equipment and supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
The position involves active work including lifting, bending, walking and standing for considerable lengths of time. The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory when moving heavy weight items. The employee may be required to frequently lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. as high as 5 feet. There is potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided by the company. The work environment is typically air temperature controlled with moderate noise levels. May be required to work in various outdoor elements. Overnight travel may be required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- AA Degree in electronics / biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of the FMCNA Biomedical Technician Technical Certification Program within the first 24 months of employment required.
Nephrology / Biomedical Industry Technical Certification within 24 months of employment preferred. (choose one)
- Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT), Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT)
- National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO), Certified Biomedical Nephrology Technician (CBNT)
Biomedical Industry Technical Certification preferred.
- Water Quality Association (WQA)Water Treatment Specialist (WTS)
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
- All attained certifications must be maintained and current.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Six months experience working in an industrial/medical technical setting or an AA Degree in electronics or biomedical technology.
- Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and FMCNA policy.
- Valid vehicle operating license issued in the employee's state of record .
- Ability to use common hand tools and small power equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in the English language.
- Internal Contacts: Regional Technical personnel, Regional Operations personnel, Medical Directors, Regional Support personnel i.e. Quality and Education, other Technical, Clinical and Support personnel.
- External Contacts: Equipment Manufacturers, Service Representatives, Local, State & Federal Regulatory agencies, Vendors.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website