Job ID 20000F84
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Per Diem position 1 to 3 days per week.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values, quality policy and goals of the Fresenius Vascular Care Group. The position will act as an assistant to the Physicians, RN's and Radiology Technicians in patient care and operating procedures. This position has frequent contact with patients, visitors, and the families of patients requiring effective communication skills and a helpful attitude.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to…
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May provide assistance to A1 with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to A3 for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Understand and able to follow sterile procedures.
- Assist the patients to the pre-op area and take initial vital signs.
- Assist in preparing the patient for surgical procedures by positioning, shaving and prepping.
- Assist the Physician with the procedures, while maintaining a sterile environment.
- Assemble and remove all instruments, utensils, equipment, gloves and linens utilized in the case.
- Clean the procedure room between patients.
- Transport patients as needed.
- May participate in CQI meetings.
- Initiate cost control initiatives and provide support of those in the facility.
- Keep assigned areas cleaned and stocked for future exams.
- Assure confidentiality of patient information and medical records.
- Sterilize instruments and maintain quality assurance documentation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position involves active work, including walking and/or standing for considerable lengths of time wearing a lead apron. Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. and transfer and position patients weighing up to 400 lbs. Must work under pressure and stressful situations. Exposure to communicable disease.
High School Diploma required. Certified in CPR.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
1 – 2 years' related experience. Clinical training helpful. Hospital or operating room skills preferred.
Knowledge of instrument sterilization techniques.
Knowledge of personal protective devices to be utilized when operating Radiology systems.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website