Job ID 20000C1G
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Responsible for the operation and quality control of the ultrasound equipment in accordance with the FMC policies, procedures and training. Utilizing specialized ultrasonic equipment to detect abnormalities in specific areas or angles of the body.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of the patient and the procedure room for the ultrasound procedure in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Prepares and positions patients for exam by greeting them, bringing them to the exam room and giving them sufficient time to change into examination gown. Moves the patient while on the examination table for the best results. Is responsible for patient's safety, mental and physical comfort while in the technologist's care.
- Records and maintains all records pertaining to the exam. Maintains a daily log of patients seen for billing purposes and ensures patient images were saved to PACS.
- Documents all findings observed during the procedure and reports to physician for interpretation.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and complies with all policies and procedures pertaining to the work environment. Use proper infection control measures-wiping down machine/probe and whatever else the patient comes in contact with (chair/stretcher) with approved cleaner (EZ Kill wipes) between all patients and after last patient.
- Stocks exam rooms with medical/surgical supplies, gowns, linens etc. Inspects all equipment and notifies manager of malfunctions.
- May give manager input for policy development and updates.
- Updates manager regarding equipment operating condition, wear and tear and provides recommendations for capital purchases as needed.
- Participates in quality and personal improvement programs and meetings e.g. QA on the portal, training sessions, attends quarterly safety/QA meetings. Remains current on Joint Commission standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of patient charts.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing in compliance with state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Graduation for an accredited ultrasound program.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), or
- Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS), or
- Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer (RCS)
Ultrasound Certification (either listed below)
- American Registry For Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS)
- 1 year experience as a RVT or, RVS or, RCS
- 4-6 years of related experience preferred
Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to follow directions and is detail oriented
- Licensure requirement per state regulations
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website