Job ID 20000G3Y
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information This is a full time role. We perform vascular procedures under moderate sedation.
The center is open Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to care for our patients in preop, intraop, and postop environments. The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well training professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. The goal is to promote patient's well-being by providing high quality nursing care.
Monitor patient's condition and assess their needs for successful outcomes to vascular access procedures such as fistulograms, angioplasty, thrombectomy, and tunneled dialysis catheters placements, exchanges and removals
· Must be willing to learn preop, intraop, and postop
· Administer sedation under the supervision of the physician
· Monitor patient's vital signs intraop and communicate any abnormalities to the physicians
· Provide instant medical care in emergencies
· Assist Scrub Tech and Rad Tech when needed
· Ensure compliance requirements are met at all times as we are a Joint Commission Deemed Status ASC
· Proven experience as a registered nurse.
· Excellent Knowledge of emergency care.
· A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Responsible and Compassionate
· Outstanding organizational skills and multi-tasking
· Patient with excellent problem solving skills.
· BSc or other diploma from an accredited nursing program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday To Friday
- Overtime Available
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- The position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, patients and equipment of up to 200 lbs. There is a two-person assist program and “material assist” devices for the heavier items.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious, contagious diseases/materials and radiation. May be required to wear protective gear in procedure rooms for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 4 – 6 years' related experience.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center/Vascular Access, Cardiac Cath Lab, or a combination of ASC, surgical, Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU or emergency department experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Proficient in IV insertion.
- Proficient in cardiac rhythm recognition.
- Experience with Medical database software.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website