Job ID 20000JO2
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assists physicians in performing all types of interventional radiology procedures. Responsible for the operation and quality control of the radiological equipment in accordance with FMC policies, procedures and training. Assists with the inventory and ordering of supplies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of the patient and the procedure room for the radiology procedures in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Reviews patient specific procedure orders to determine materials/supplies that will be needed.
- Sets up/ stocks the procedure room/procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure and cleans procedure room post procedure, including cleaning of equipment/machinery.
- Conducts all necessary preparations of the patient procedure room and documents when appropriate.
- Explains procedure to the patient, answers questions and addresses patient concerns.
- Assists with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
- Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
- Inputs patient data into the C-Arm.
- Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
- Processes x-ray images and archives to a CD or DVD to comply with FMCNA policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
- Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI tools.
- Assists with implementing FMCNA quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve FMCNA quality standards.
- Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures. Maintains integrity of medical records, filing paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures and performing audits on a regular basis.
- Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before and after procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding replacement of equipment and repairs.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
- May perform instrument sterilization and package surgical instruments.
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently utilizes supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Attends and participates in Governing Body, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of data/material for meetings.
- Works with the physicians and staff to ensure all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
- Addresses physician concerns in areas of responsibility.
- May print images and send to the physician.
- May assist in the development and revision of policies related to radiography to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Ensures patient billing is accurate and timely by reviewing all procedures, documenting patient equipment charges and verifying CPT and ICD9 codes are correct.
- Acts as Radiation Safety Officer; monitors radiation badges and conducts in-services regarding Radiation safety.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Acts as subject matter expert to team and department.
- Provides new hire training or remedial training as directed.
- Provides feedback to team members regarding operational processes.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and to perform patient transfers and positioning of patients up to 400 pounds. Must be able to stand in a protective apron for up to 45-60 minutes.
- Travel may be expected for coverage and training needs. Approximately 25% travel.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable; and Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Must have a valid ARRT card or ART Certification, and be a licensed Radiology Technician by the Department of Health
- Per state requirements - must be licensed in radiology.
- Interventional Radiology certificate preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 6+ years' related experience.
- Working knowledge of interventional equipment (including C-Arm and Ultrasound equipment), procedures and materials/supplies needed for each procedure. Knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Experience with special procedures utilizing a C-Arm.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and personal protective devices to be utilized when operating radiology systems.
- Successfully complete BLS certification.
- Experience with monitoring and maintaining inventory.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website