Job ID 20000ILC
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information 10+ years of experience CPA Preferred Mix of public and accounting experience Multi entity experience, Month end close, cash, SOX,
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Division Controller provides direction and oversight of all accounting and finance operations within the assigned business unit(s). The incumbent provides an essential contribution to the development and implementation of key initiatives in compliance with company policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and other regulatory requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business unit(s).
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area(s).
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Provide overall direction and guidance of all accounting and finance reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes within the assigned business unit(s) on a routine basis; acting as a business partner by analyzing operational data and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Oversee accounts payable operations within the assigned business unit(s); ensuring vendors, invoices and other expenses are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate all required internal and/or external audit activities on a routine basis; serving as the primary point of contact as necessary.
- Manage internal controls within the assigned business unit(s) through process reviews, business process analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-divisional teams in the analysis and reporting of capital spend activities within the assigned business unit(s).
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of accounting and/or finance staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years' related experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a Manager; or 5+ years' experience in a senior managerial role.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email applications.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website