Job ID 20000KRV
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
In compliance with company policies and procedures the Accountant I applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the performance of central accounting activities related to one or more of the following functions, including but not limited to: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and revenue reconciliation. Under direct supervision the Accountant I prepares, analyzes and interprets various financial information for management review.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare routine intercompany and/or interdivision reconciliation reports under close supervision.
- Identify, analyze and interpret data of limited scope; coordinate with appropriate personnel in the resolution of any discrepancies. Escalate more complex issues as necessary.
- May assist with activities related to month-, quarter-, and year-end closings.
- May participate in process reviews, business process analyses and internal control monitoring to ensure compliance with the specifications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) within assigned function.
- Assist with diverse accounting and analytical projects.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 0 – 2 years' related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license desirable.
- Good computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- General knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and corporate performance management (CPM) systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise, etc.).
- General knowledge of GAAP.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Administer and manage Dell lease program.
- In compliance with company policies and procedures, file consolidated abandoned property reports for all states in which FMCNA conducts business.
- Acts as a backup for the 401(k) reconciliation process.
- Process Paid Time Off (PTO) reports as requested.
- Perform activities for tax reporting as requested.
- Review pharmaceutical and medical supply inventory controls; coordinate with appropriate personnel in the resolution of discrepancies.
- Prepares and process routine journal entries to FKC general ledger & participate in month-end closing. Supporting FKC Corporate Accounting department with quarterly consolidation and reporting all with an emphasis on inventory.
- Performs monthly reconciliation for various FKC accounts and locations. Investigating reconciling items according to guideline provided by management.
- Plays a key role in FKC pharmaceutical inventory financial cycle. Reconciling daily inventory sales data in SAP, intelliorder and warehouse. Reviewing transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipments, escalating issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Gains understanding on current processes, exercising critical thinking and working on process improvements.
- Liaise between FKC Corporate Accounting team and other departments/offices, promoting open and effective communication to support business goals and resolve issues
- Contributes on various ad hoc financial reporting and analysis projects, as required.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website