Loads and unloads materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors, or trucks manually or using hoist. Delivers metal parts or stock to designated work areas for machining, using electric pallet mover, hoist, or overhead crane.
- Lifts metal part or stock onto machine, manually or using hoist, and secures it on machine table, in chuck, or holding fixture, using wrenches, to assist in setting up machine.
- Feeds metal parts or stock into automatic metal working machines and removes machined part from machine after prescribed period of time or at end of machining cycle.
- Adds coolant to reservoirs of machines and lubricates machine parts and ways, using grease gun and oil can.
- Reclaims cutting and lubricating oils from machines by pumping oil from machine reservoir into barrel, dumping oil from barrel into centrifugal separator that removes metal chips and dirt from oil, and drains clean oil from separator into containers.
- Removes metal chips and shavings from surfaces of machines, using rag or air hose, and wipes surfaces of machines with rag to remove excess oil.
- Cleans around work areas, using broom and shovel.
- Separates metal shavings, chips, and scrap materials from trash and places them in bins for resale.
- May remove burs or excess metal from machined parts, using files, sandpaper, emery cloth, or grinding machine.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Excellent multi-tasker and handles pressure well
Ability to read and understand blueprints
Excellent communication skills
Excellent problem-solving capacity
Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
HS graduate or equivalent
3+ years of mechanical experience
CNC experience; operating lathes and/or mills
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
Requires walking, standing, bending and lifting for long periods of time.
Vision abilities required to validate and enter data on computer.
Customer Mindset: Exceptional customer experience is primary focus while performing job duties. Quality is a top priority.
Adaptability & Innovation: Proactively and willingly adapts to changing business needs and conditions and presents creative and fresh ideas on how to solve problems, gain efficiencies and improve quality.
Relationship Building: Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of inclusion, cooperation and mutual respect.
Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and strives to exceed requirements.
Decision Making and Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
Talent Development (Self and Others): Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement; making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills associated with job responsibilities. Willingness to work with others and coach/teach in effort to develop and support other employees' development.
Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs' essential functions.
Apply on company website