Supervises workers who are in Bench Assembly or Machine Shop related functions and use hand tools, jigs, and various power tools, precision measurement tools and equipment at floor bench stations, machine operators, materials movement equipment or other related manufacturing positions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Studies work schedules and estimates time to complete orders or specific work assigned to each employee in their established span of control.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to employees and assigns duties.
- Establish or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
- Examines assembled or machined products/parts to determine if items meet tolerance specifications
- Ensures failed products/parts are repaired to meet specifications.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance and quality of product/parts and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Trains and evaluates employees on their performance and assist employees in meeting production goals.
- Provides input to higher level supervisors and managers on items such as production reports, time and attendance reports, training needs and equipment repair or replacement.
- Recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
- This Supervisor will take on the afternoon – evening shift.
- Must be able to work some Saturdays.
- Minimum of a high school education
- Some specific training and or certifications in machining, manufacturing or material movement,
- 2 years of manufacturing or machining experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a lead role
Apply on company website