Posted Date: Oct 29, 2020
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world's largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates' careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.Job Summary
Working as an Operations Controller you will be responsible for the accounting activity within an assigned account(s) and assisting the Regional Director of Finance with all aspects of the financial activities that occur within the region.
- Oversees all cash handling procedures
- Performs reconciliation and analysis for several balance sheet accounts
- Analyzes financial results for both internal and external use
- Tracks and maintains monthly P/L and balance sheet activity
- Develops forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Reviews general ledger and balance sheets
- Resolves various accounting/reconciliation issues
- Completes financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external audit reporting; manages report preparation and distribution
- Maintains inventory and cost control procedures
- Performs administration of Payroll and Human Resources
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of five years' experience with revenue control, financial reporting and cash handling responsibilities
- Accounting experience in foodservice or retail industry required, foodservice operations experience a plus
- Ability to prepare monthly financial statements, key metric reports, budgets, forecasts, cash flow projections and analyses
- Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
- Experience with POS, cash and credit card reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 429557
LOUISE J TRAGER
Apply on company website