School Location: St. Andrews University Bookstore
This position greets customers, assists customers with store inquiries, answers the phone and/or directs callers, tabulates purchases using the register for transactions. Use safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices. Assist with training new team members and serves as Subject Matter Expert for the front end.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- May perform data entry/order placement for books and/or merchandise as directed by manager.
- Conducts research into charge backs, late orders, and shipping requisitions to answer inquiries and resolve problems.
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate.
- Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc.
- Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks.
- Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging EAS activations.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Take inventory as needed and may have responsibility for ensuring general merchandise reorders are completed.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors.
- Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Assist in training new team members and serves as subject matter expert for the front end.
- In partnership with the manager, monitors and coordinates on-line orders and fulfillment by:
- Processing online orders
- Pulling books and merchandise
- Preparing orders for pick-up or shipment
- Communicating order status to customers
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 0 - 3 years of experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- General Computer Skills
Apply on company website