System Administrator 2
Flux is currently seeking a System Administrator 2 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This contract System Administrator 2 position is located in the Desktop Operations organization of IT Client Services, Information Technology. The purpose of this position is to administer and package desktop software applications for delivery to end users using multiple methods and technologies.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a System Administrator – performing setup, installation, and maintenance of IT systems in an enterprise Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Support customers directly; resolving desktop, application and related hardware challenges in a Citrix shared desktop / VDI environment.
With manager or federal technical lead oversight and approval:
- Administer, research, sequence, patch, and deploy applications via Microsoft App-V.
- Administer, research and prepare applications for deployment via Microsoft SCCM.
- Administer, research and prepare applications for delivery via Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop.
- Package in-house developed and commercial type applications using Flexera AdminStudio and Install Shield packaging software following an established process and workflow.
- Build application installation packages in Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) and Microsoft Windows Transform (MST) format.
- Re-package desktop applications, upgrades, and utility software using Flexera AdminStudio.
- Perform security baseline testing on new software titles or new versions.
- Work with development and system subject matter experts (SME) to automate application installation.
- Prepare, edit, and update process and technical support documentation.
- Assist management with providing a sustainable IT infrastructure by facilitating cross training and functional documentation.
Troubleshoot calls from the IT Service Desk and start the resolution process, coordinating with other subject matter experts as required.
- Solve technical issues in a professional manner or escalate in a timely fashion.
- Provide 3rd tier/advanced technical support related to desktop technologies.
- Prioritize assigned work with a focus on client satisfaction and follow through.
- Understand the IT working environment sufficiently to explain technical issues and solutions to a wide range of technical and non-technical clients.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Information/Computer Technology or a directly-related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields, 3 years of experience is required.
- With an Associates or Bachelor’s degree not in applicable fields or without a degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Applicable Certifications may count for 1 year of experience. (Note: See applicable certifications under preferred skills. Only 1 year of experience will be granted even if the candidate has multiple certifications).
Experience must include direct work experience in Information Technology performing System Administration.
- 1+ year experience with PowerShell (or equivalent scripting tool).
- 1+ year experience packaging and delivering applications via Microsoft App-V.
- 1+ year experience building .msi packages and delivering applications via Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 & Office 2016 in an enterprise environment.
- Experience resolving application packaging, sequencing, and delivery issues.
- Experience conducting thorough Quality Assurance (QA) testing.
Problem solving and troubleshooting experience with commercially and in-house developed software applications and delivery tools.
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and we are committed to engaging with diverse populations. It is our priority to be a leader in creating a workforce that represents the citizens we serve. While providing EEO self-identification information is voluntary, we encourage you to do so as it is pertinent to our commitment of creating a diverse workforce.
All candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
FLUX Resources, LLC. wants to ensure applicants who apply for jobs electronically are informed of their equal employment opportunity (EEO) protections as part of the application process through the EEO is the Law and Supplement to EEO is the Law posters. In addition, you can review the prescribed pay transparency nondiscrimination provision.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran you have the right to request an accommodation, which can be done by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing us with your name and contact information
Apply on company website