Project Manager 3 (N-IT)
Flux is currently seeking a Project Manager 3 (N-IT) to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This contract Project Manager 3 position will support Communications and Grid Modeling organization by providing project management expertise and assistance, particularly as relates to implementing projects to execute Remedial Action Scheme Asset Strategy.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with and provide recommendations to the manager, team lead and/or project team(s) working to create an overall roadmap depicting all efforts required to achieve the Asset Strategy, including:
- Draft and propose clear vision and scope statements for a roadmap of Asset Strategy.
- Support and facilitate Program Manager-assigned project or multiple projects, from beginning to end, providing guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the Program Manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Identify and request necessary Subject Matter Experts that may be needed during the project.
- Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and provided by appropriate Resource Managers.
- Collaborate with business units and Resource Managers to resolve resource allocation issues.
- Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, work plans, deliverables and goals.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each assigned project / defined effort.
- Alert Program Manager, team lead or other personnel of and obtaining appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects; this includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting Program Manager, team lead or other personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Coordinate activities for Program Manager-assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, escalating concerns to Program Manager, team lead or other personnel.
- Collaborate with Program Manager, team lead and internal stakeholders to facilitate the tasks and activities of project team(s) and to properly understand related business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and how best to effectively deploy end products.
- With Program Manager, team lead or other appropriate personnel assistance and guidance, address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by Program Manager, team lead or other appropriate personnel.
- Work with the Program Manager, team lead and other appropriate personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Track and monitor the progress of management approved Asset Strategy projects and work with the Program Manager, team lead or other appropriate personnel to verify business objectives are being met; alert Program Manager or team lead of any concerns or issues that may impact project schedule.
- Facilitate the development and recommendation of project milestones and deliverables as part of the Grid Modernization initiative.
- Track and report on Grid Modernization Dashboard.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate team meetings that address multi-year projects.
- Collaborate and work with project sponsors and Resource managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion
- Draft final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate management review and approval / acceptance.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from Program Manager or Contracting Officer (CO).
- Monitoring issues and risks identified within the projects as well as cross organization integrated dependencies and the issues and risk associated with those assumptions.
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate manager / personnel.
- Facilitate and/or support the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor and stakeholder communication; communicating regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and appropriate Resource Managers across independently and in team meetings.
- Project team coordination; including milestone management and communication of deliverables.
- Project team and/or sponsor meeting facilitation, including setting agenda, organizing, planning and requesting the participation of subject matter experts from a variety of departments and crafts as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Resource managers independently and in team meetings.
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of project(s) vis-a-vis the work plan.
- Verify meeting minutes and decisions are documented, approved by Program Manager or team lead or other personnel, and distributed.
- Facilitate and/or support the following deliverables:
- Scope definition and management.
- Business requirements and needs analysis from various stakeholder perspectives.
- Process and system design requirements.
- Gap analysis from the “as is” to the “to be” state.
- Implement management approved organizational design and change management requirements / actions.
- Implementation planning including optimizing milestones and building upon successes.
- Integration of architecture design.
- End user training and the draft / creation of training materials.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another Project Manager (PM) including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing/transitioning resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
- Facilitate the development and recommendation of project Key Performance Indicator (KPI) milestones and deliverables for the Asset Strategy projects.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science or other related technical discipline is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable fields: 10+ years direct work experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree not in applicable fields: 12+ years direct work experience is required.
- Without a degree: 14+ years direct work experience is required.
Experience must include direct project management experience including all aspects of process development and execution and resource planning.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Project, Visio, and Access
Demonstrated experience with problem solving and root cause identification
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and we are committed to engaging with diverse populations. It is our priority to be a leader in creating a workforce that represents the citizens we serve. While providing EEO self-identification information is voluntary, we encourage you to do so as it is pertinent to our commitment of creating a diverse workforce.
All candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
FLUX Resources, LLC. wants to ensure applicants who apply for jobs electronically are informed of their equal employment opportunity (EEO) protections as part of the application process through the EEO is the Law and Supplement to EEO is the Law posters. In addition, you can review the prescribed pay transparency nondiscrimination provision.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran you have the right to request an accommodation, which can be done by e-mailing us at email@example.com and providing us with your name and contact information
Apply on company website