Program Support Specialist 1
Flux is currently seeking a Program Support Specialist 1 to join our project team onsite with our client in Portland, OR. This full-time contract position will support Human Resources Service Center Learning and Workforce Development staff with a wide variety of issues/topics related to coordination of training programs, preparation of materials, developing evaluation reports for training classes. This position will also serve as back-up to other training coordinators as needed by performing similar duties within the same organization for different training programs
Position Responsibilities include:
- Program/Training Support:
Support primary facilitators/instructors in delivery of virtual training courses and events by:
- Setting up Webex or skype sessions,
- Conducting test teaches with vendors or internal trainers to verify quality of delivery which includes walking vendors through Webex and Skype, working with vendors and the Instructional Designer to verify that content meets technology, identifying issues and providing recommendations for content and technology.
- Serve as chat monitor, raising participants’ questions, identifying themes and supporting instructor in engaging participants.
- Serve as occasional facilitator/Master of Ceremonies for Leadership Development programs, New Employee Orientation or elective courses. Welcome participants and act as host, follow a prepared agenda, introduce presenters, set up PowerPoint slides and Webex or skype events.
- Coordinate with representatives from different departments and functions to secure presenters for Leadership Development panels, courses and other events as needed,
- Coordinate meetings of the Learning and Development Advisory Council, liaising with stakeholders to identify agenda items, coordinating meeting invitations, setting up Webex, supporting the event as chat monitor and/or note taker, and following up on action items.
- Reserve rooms and coordinate room configuration and set-up. Verify supplies needed for program or courses are in room.
- Schedule and coordinate Instructors.
- Enter training sessions in the Human Resource Management Information System (HRmis) system as needed for assigned courses.
- Close enrollment to assigned courses following established timelines.
- Run rosters and send to Instructors following established timelines.
- Prepare, copy, and assemble training materials.
- Send complete inventory of materials and supplies to training sites for courses.
- Assist training self-service program coordinators by processing requests for external training catalog numbers and by pulling completion reports and compiling and summarizing data using Word and Excel.
- Initiate training evaluations using Survey Monkey or other survey methods. Enter survey data, sends surveys to learners and run various survey reports.
- Make edits and updates to training materials as requested by HR specialists or supervisor.
Maintain accurate training information in HRmis:
- Enter individual training completions from rosters into HRmis.
- Close completed training sessions in HRmis.
- Upload training completions into HRmis.
- Initiate and coordinate various assessments such as 360 feedback, EQ in Action, StrengthsFinder, Myers-Briggs, or other assessments used to support leadership, organizational, and employee development. Run reports and compile data from these programs as requested.
- Update and maintain connection training pages using SharePoint.
- Update and maintain training catalog.
- Answer questions and concerns that come directly from clients, HR Training email box and HR Help; escalate more complex issues to appropriate Federal Personnel.
- Create and send various training correspondence, communications, and marketing materials.
- Update standard operating procedures and job aids as needed.
Maintain “The Container,” system for tracking web-based training:
- Create new container courses as necessary
- Check for errors
- Enter manual completions as necessary
- Update the container as necessary
Learning Nucleus Learning Management System (LMS) Support:
- Answer questions and concerns that come directly from clients, HR Help and HR Training email box.
- Monitor and track LMS issues; responding to questions/requests and escalating more complex issues to the LMS helpdesk.
- Troubleshoot LMS issues such as resetting passwords and known issues using standard guidelines. Escalate more complex technical issues to the LMS helpdesk.
- Attend the recurring conference calls, take notes and track issues to resolution.
- Download training completions/reports from LMS and upload completions to HRmis
- Generate completion reports on a regular schedule for course owners and as needed.
- Prepare and send monthly, quarterly/semi-annual, and ad hoc reports for assigned training programs.
- Follow up and document findings on no shows and other attendance issues related to training courses.
- Provide occasional administrative back-up support to the NHT team (approximately 5%):
- Using Outlook, schedule and update meetings, conference calls, webinars and other meetings as needed.
Provide a variety of clerical and administrative functions including:
- Pick-up and delivery of mail
- Send/receive faxes
- Order and distribute office supplies
- Draft/prepare meeting/retreat notes
- Process printing orders, stock copiers and printers.
- Stock copiers and printers
- Maintain filing system(s), files, email and records in accordance with compliance requirements. Maintain all official records in accordance with the Information Governance and Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s Degree in applicable fields, 1 year of experience is required
- With an Associate’s Degree in applicable field, 3 years of experience is required
- Without a degree, 5 years of experience is required.
Experience must be consistent with the specific requirements of program support and coordination and progressively more technical in nature.
- 1+ years of experience performing administrative functions in an automated learning management system
- Working knowledge of automated data systems.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); MS Office 2010 proficiency required
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
Good communications skills, both oral and written, sufficient to transmit information effectively, presenting and describing issues clearly and concisely
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a learning management system (highly preferred)
- Proficiency in Visio, Photoshop, MS Publisher, and Adobe InDesign
- Experience coordinating project work
Must have good communications skills, both oral and written, with the ability to transmit information effectively, presenting and describing issues clearly and concisely
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and we are committed to engaging with diverse populations. It is our priority to be a leader in creating a workforce that represents the citizens we serve. While providing EEO self-identification information is voluntary, we encourage you to do so as it is pertinent to our commitment of creating a diverse workforce.
All candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
FLUX Resources, LLC. wants to ensure applicants who apply for jobs electronically are informed of their equal employment opportunity (EEO) protections as part of the application process through the EEO is the Law and Supplement to EEO is the Law posters. In addition, you can review the prescribed pay transparency nondiscrimination provision.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran you have the right to request an accommodation, which can be done by e-mailing us at email@example.com and providing us with your name and contact information
Apply on company website