Flux is currently seeking a Electrical Engineer 2 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This full-time contract position will work within the Operations Control organization. This position will work on efforts related to renewable energy integration into the Federal Columbia River Transmission System and operational issues associated with new energy markets and scheduling timelines.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Develop, document and recommend new methods/concepts; collaborate on further developments, create operational/production tools; work with analyst(s) to create use cases for hand off to IT developers.
- Develop, analyze and recommend criteria, processes, rules and practices for integrating and controlling renewable energy resources including wind and solar generated power into overall energy transmission system.
- Design and recommend changes in Balancing Authority operations and integrating renewable energy resource power into the Balancing Authority Area to verify system loads and outputs are properly balanced and comply with reliability regulations and criteria.
- Work closely with renewable energy resource developers and operators to modify input and changes to the Automatic Generation Control (AGC) system to alleviate control problems.
- Review current and proposed criteria applicable to generation and other advanced control systems, analyze control area performance, design and recommend improvements and corrections; implement approved changes to meet regulatory and requirements.
- Research and recommend and implement approved advanced concepts and algorithms related to control area generation performance.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions for issues that arise in the transmission commercial process from inception of a source of power flow (load or generation) through reservations, scheduling, and real time operation to reconciliation and billing.
- Research, analyze, and develop operational and policy practices for use within an energy imbalance market or day ahead market construct.
- Provide technical analysis for Dynamic Transfers, renewable generation data, and balancing authority reserve responsibilities, part of core deliverables as part of NERC and rate case obligations.
- Develop analysis tools using programing languages, such as R, MatLab, or Python.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering is desirable.
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years’ experience is required.
Experience should include knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission system.
- Intermediate skills using MS Office Suite Tools including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and we are committed to engaging with diverse populations. It is our priority to be a leader in creating a workforce that represents the citizens we serve. While providing EEO self-identification information is voluntary, we encourage you to do so as it is pertinent to our commitment of creating a diverse workforce.
All candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
FLUX Resources, LLC. wants to ensure applicants who apply for jobs electronically are informed of their equal employment opportunity (EEO) protections as part of the application process through the EEO is the Law and Supplement to EEO is the Law posters. In addition, you can review the prescribed pay transparency nondiscrimination provision.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran you have the right to request an accommodation, which can be done by e-mailing us at email@example.com and providing us with your name and contact information
Apply on company website