*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Quality Technician will be based in Coopersville, MI. Will be responsible for calibrating equipment, Operating and maintaining GragTrak, validating calibration stickers, collaborating with Team member, minor equipment fixes, root cause investigation; Working with outside suppliers to ship and receive equipment, document control & maintaining overdue calibration lists.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Audits processes, tests and inspects products and/or develops, compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Working from engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, diagrams, written descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform complex engineering testing, checkout, First Article Inspection, root cause analysis, internal corrective actions and supplier correction actions.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects processes to be audited from primarily the manufacturing areas and checks for a variety of features, including ESD (electro-static discharge) and handling practices, documentation, training and process integrity.
- Selects products for audits at specified stages in the production or post-production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical, electrical or cosmetic characteristics.
- Records audit data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards, programs or reports to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Perform calibration on inspection tools e.g. micrometers, calipers height gages etc.
- Maintain gage track program, print list of gages due for calibration in the beginning of each month and follow up with calibration.
- Send gages out for calibration, maintain calibration records
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Download quality information from quality system to be used for QA reports.
Analyzes engineering test results and implements process changes to resolve problems ,Performs out of box audits (OBA) as required, Provides factory support to identify and resolve issues associated with purchased parts, materials and manufacturing, May be required to perform receiving inspection.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- High School Diploma or equivalent, technician training or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience.
- Experience on Gage Track application
- Microsoft office (Excel)
- Tools: Micrometers, Calipers height gages, etc.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
EC37Job Category Quality
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website