At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Material Planning Analyst will be based in Salt Lake City, UT. Responsible for maintaining materials/purchasing data, supply data and information to other production departments, coordinate contracts, maintain Certificates of Conformance for all suppliers, and create and maintain outsources parts schedules
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Assures material supply chain is functioning to provide materials to manufacturing that support the customers' scheduled requirements
- Responsible for all materials issues including:
- Monitoring the shortages and resolving issues that could impact manufacturing
- Extracting and providing reports to PM on shortages, excess inventory, NCNRs, MRB and Challenge.
- Lead the resolution of issues around MRB and Challenge
- Coordinating and ensuring the Commodity teams, GSMs and SSCMs are providing required support.
- Supply/Demand requests from the customer.
- Forecast and MRP
- Pre-MRP what if analysis in Kinaxis
- Concur MRP changes with CFT
- ECO Material Cost Analysis
- ECO Material Impact
- Purchasing & Vendor Management
- Coordinate all procurement exceptions of MRP to Buyers
- Ensure buyers escalate parts for on-time delivery
- Shortage review & management
- Short term shortage list (for next 4 weeks)
- Coordinate AVL/AML issues with buyer and component engineer
- Prepare E&O report and E&O material dispositions (internal and external)
- On time CTB Kit Drop Management with PC
- DOF Management
- Review back log from customer
- Run Kinaxis Can Do based on customer priority
- Coordinate with PC and Production priorities based on customer need
- Commit ship date to customer based on FGI availability
- Works with the materials team to identify alternate uses / disposition of excess and obsolete inventory
- Attend and participate in CFT Meetings
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Minimum 2 years' experience in similar position.
- Must have Excel experience. Baan 5, Agile, Kinaxis knowledge a plus.
- Customer focus & Material coordination
- ERP knowledge.
- Self- starter.
- Excel: reports, pivot.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solver & Analytic, motivated.
- Team Player.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Manufacturing experience
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
KT36Job Category Global Procurement & Supply Chain Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website