Five Star Senior Living's corporate headquarters are located in Newton, Massachusetts. Just 20 minutes outside of downtown Boston, the building features easy access to public transportation and the Massachusetts Turnpike.
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Coordinator will play an important role in building a best in class HR team. Under the supervision of the Regional Human Resources Director provides HR support. The HR Coordinator also works closely with field base and home office teams. Administrative duties include responding to field enquiries and providing appropriate paperwork and follow up.
- Coordinates/maintains weekly reports.
- Process the administrative component of the employee life cycle which includes HRIS data entry (new hire, terms, promo, title/comp changes, transfers.
- Assist with PTO Adjustment/ missing payments.
- Provide Administrative support to the HR Director.
- Responds to employees questions, complaints etc.
- Monitor Performance Management/Merit Increases.
- Assist with office events.
- Support all other projects/initiatives as assigned.
- Administrative duties as required, e.g. prepare presentation materials (copy/collate, replicate, departmental manuals, make travel arrangements, arrange for AV equipment, arrange for shipments of education materials/supplies, ordering.
- Respond to employee inquiries related to benefits, payroll, compensation, policies and procedures.
- Ensure data integrity; recommend process improvements to address challenges..
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personnel information in accordance with the Privacy Act, as well as our established personnel policies governing the release of information.
- Maintains appropriate documentation concerning the employee's right to work in the country. Files documentation in the designated location within the specified time frame.
- Maintains an adequate personnel filing system and complies with current employment practices.
- Provides appropriate paperwork and processes for employee benefit programs to include 401K, health, dental, and life insurance programs, etc., as directed.
- Provides public information (i.e., verification of employment, wages, etc.), in accordance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines governing such matters and under the guidance of the Regional HR Director.
- Participates in new employee general orientation as requested.
- Keeps department directors informed of changes in personnel matters.
- Processes all newly hired personnel and all changes of status data.
- Supports exit interview reporting.
- Monitors unemployment claims and assists the with appeals.
- Attends company mandated in-service trainings and programs.
- Follows work schedule and completes assigned tasks in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Demonstrates a positive working relationship with staff, team members and vendors.
- Readily assists coworkers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Complies with and exemplifies the Five Star values.
- We mind the business
- We work to be our best
- We listen and act decisively
- We act with integrity
- We put people first
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Prior Payroll and Benefits, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle personnel situations with tact and compliance with state and federal law.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, required.
- Recognition of importance of confidentiality regarding patients, applicants and staff information required.
- Coordinates data entry and maintenance of HRIS.
- Requires proficiency in MS Office and Workday, preferred.
- Provides Phone coverage for HR Department.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and strong ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates satisfactory and effective interpersonal skills in interactions with community staff, administration, families, vendors, coworkers and governmental agencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. Must have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in office work preferably in HR or Benefits.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.EEOC Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website