Posted Date: Apr 2, 2020
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.Job Summary:
ARE YOU A WINNER?
We love to win, and we do it by creating a culture of care and performance. Our secret sauce is our culture. We are #1 in our industry through passion, teamwork and results. We win clean and we have a great time doing it. Sound good to you?
Compass Group has a New Business Development Director position available in the Midwestern United States with a focus on: MN, WI, MI, OH, WV, KY, IN, IL, IA, NE, KS, MO & AR. This professional top-performer will be an organized self-starter, who loves to hunt for new opportunities and is able to work independently. This is not a team management position but a strategic high level individual contributor role that directs the sales process in collaboration with business partners.
As the New Business Development Director you report to the Vice President of Sales and are responsible for profitable market growth of new opportunities within the private and faith based school market. Selling the premier FLIK brand (www.flikisd.com), the candidate will be based in Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI, or Indianapolis, IN.
We offer you earning potential of $140K (plus) with a base salary and commissions—uncapped! Commissions and benefits include: annual bonus payouts, 401k, expense account, annual Sales Excellence trip (all expenses paid trip with guest to lavish resorts), company car and paid vacation. AND…we look towards your future with proactive learning and development, career pathing and loads of opportunity for internal mobility. Come join us for an unparalleled career opportunity, food (you gotta love it!) and the best work family anywhere!
- Strong sales and sales-related function skills including commitment to Compass Sales Process
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Exceed annual new business target/quota
- Cold calling, prospecting, networking and discipline to develop markets
- Strong time management and territory development skills (multi-task ability)
- Identify necessary support resources to successfully close new business
- Computer skills including CRM, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- High energy, positive attitude and excellent communication/presentation skills
- Interested candidates should have a BA or equivalent
- Authentic new business development hunter
- Builder of strategic relationships with exposure and desire to work in a longer 6+ month sales process
- 5+ years sales experience; preferred focus on 80% minimum new business (new client) focus
- A track record of consistently exceeding sales quotas and targets over time
- Developing winning sales proposals and responding to complex RFP's
- Think logically with a common sense approach
- High energy level, strong executive presence and the ability to progress further in the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated with the desire to earn well over $140K
- This position entails 75% travel within the territory
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with CRM database management system
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 385858
Apply on company website