First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Part-Time Tire Changer / Technician to check and replace tires on heavy-duty trucks as well as deliver vehicle parts. We service law enforcement vehicles for the Town of Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Choose your own hours - work 20 hours per week Monday-Friday!
We're offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus*
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Up to $16/hour depending on experience & qualifications
- Flexible schedule - Choose your own hours! - Work 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities
- A great work environment!
Tire Technician major responsibilities:
- Assist in managing and providing parts to technician team members
- Drive trucks to tire changing location as required.
- Raise vehicles using hydraulic jacks
- Inspect tire casings for defects, such as holes and tears.
- Seal punctures in tubeless tires
- Identify and inflate tires correctly
- Remount wheels onto vehicles.
- Place wheels on balancing machines to determine counterweights required to balance wheels.
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects.
- Torque lug nuts
Tire Technician qualifications:
- Hands-on experience changing truck tires
- Must be over the age of 21
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
- Ability to work 20 hours per week
- Subject to drug screen
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
*terms and conditions apply; see location for details
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website