First Vehicle Services is now hiring Heavy Truck Fleet Technicians!
Servicing City of Fort Lauderdale vehicles and equipment including backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, generators, street sweepers, loaders, dozers, gradalls, excavators!
Now offering up to $2,500 Sign-On or Relocation Bonus! (Effective 5/28/21-7/31/21. Conditions apply)
Shifts: Day, afternoon, & night shifts available (shift differential pay for later shifts)
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $27 - $32 based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- Now offering up to $2,500 Sign-On or Relocation Bonus! (Effective 5/28/21-7/31/21. Conditions apply)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III Major Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic III Qualifications:
- Technical/vocational school training is a plus!
- Pervious educational or work experience with performing preventive maintenance, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing vehicles and other heavy equipment.
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL while employed.
- Mechanic's toolset.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Ability to obtain two (2) ASE or EVT certifications within the first year of employment.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website